Chapter Twenty Three

Jisung's POV:

It wasn't an easy road, but one year after Ryu's ordeal started, when she had been kidnapped by Woojin while I was away with NCT, she was finally allowed to come home with me. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay almost any of her medical bills because after her testimony and the evidence collected against him, Woojin had been arrested and his assets taken from him. A lot of those assets were put towards Ryu's medical expenses.

On top of it, fans for a lot of groups, mine, Jin's, BigBang, and so many others who had been making outcries for help in finding Ryu, had raised money to help cover Ryu's medical expenses. Stays, upon finding out Woojin was the one who had attacked Ryu and made her lose her heart, leaving her needing a new heart, pushed to try to raise even more money. They researched and found out where Ryu had been in the hospital and then for rehab, sending the money they'd raised directly there in Ryu's name to pay her bills. Jin and I hadn't found out until we inquired how much we had to pay for her bills. Jin, myself, and the leaders of these groups were already working on a way to thank the fans for their unnecessary financial donations. We felt it important to show them that even though it was unnecessary, we were still very grateful.

Since it was the end-of-year show season again by the time Ryu was allowed to come home with me, I had hesitations about leaving her. Taeyong knew I didn't want to go with NCT this year under any circumstances because of what had happened the last time I had left Ryu. He understood and he had tried to get me the time off, but it was impossible. Jin was going to take the time off, but Ryu told him no. I was trying to figure out what to do as the day I had to leave her was getting closer when there was a knock on the penthouse door one morning.

"We're here to make you leave," the tallest of the three on the other side of the door said when I opened it to them.

"Kris?" I asked in confusion. "What are you doing here with LuHan and Tao?"

"We knew you wouldn't be able to just stay here with Ryu-ah," LuHan replied.

"And there was no way in hell we were letting her stay alone again," Kris continued.

"Besides, we've missed her," Tao added.

I led them into the living room. Ryu was just coming out of our room. When she saw them, she rushed them.

"When did you guys get here?" she asked, excited.

"I just let them in," I told her. "Did you know about this?"

"I told them you were having trouble leaving," she said, smiling as they held her.

I sighed. Of course she did. They were as much her family as the other idols, whether they were in Beijing or Korea. They used to come watch her when Jin would travel for things like this, especially if she was in the hospital or just about to get out. It made sense that they would be here.

"Thank you for being here, Hyungs," I said to them bowing. "Can I get any of you a drink or something to eat?"

They all held up Starbucks cups.

"We're good," LuHan said, laughing.

"Sit down, Oppas. You're family. Make yourself comfortable," Ryu told them, as she used the cane to make her way to the love seat where I sat down.

"Do you still really need to use assistance to walk?" Tao asked her, looking worried.

"A bit. I'm catching up on my cardio rehab, but because it's not where I should be, I shouldn't be doing too much physical activity yet. So, I'm not supposed to walk around on my own too much," she told him.

"So, what do you do? A cane or even a walker would be too much..." Kris started.

"She has a wheelchair for when we have to go out. However, she doesn't like to use it," I replied.