Chapter Eight

Two days after I talked to Appa, I took advantage of being excused early from one of the classes I had with Taehyun to go find Chenle. He had a project due that he needed to finish in one of the school's recording studios with I.N. When I found the studio I knocked on the door and waited for Chenle to wave me in so I don't disrupt any recording ongoing.

"Whatcha doing here, Ryu-ah?" Chenle asked me. "I thought you have a composition class with Taehyun this period."

"I do, but we had an exam that I finished in like ten minutes. The teacher told me I could go to the canteen for the rest of the period or to the library," I explained.

"So what brings you here?" he asked.

"Dolphin, my Dolphin, I need to ask you something."

Considering I almost never got cutesy and called Chenle Dolphin, he looked at me suspiciously. In return, I looked at him innocently.

"What are you up to, Ryu-ah?" Chenle wanted to know.

"What was that argument about when I came back from dinner with VIXX? I know Jisung is going to tell me tomorrow, but I want to hear from a neutral friend. I don't know why NaNa is acting differently towards me or why Jisung is upset at the idea of me possibly hanging out with NaNa alone. I do know Jisung asked me to blow NaNa off for the weekend, and I feel like I'm stuck having to pick sides, Chenle," I started telling him. "I'm not comfortable with this and I've told Appa that you and Jisung are the only two members of Dream I'm willing to see until this is figured out. He's giving me time to figure this out before I talk to him and explain all of this and he's going to back me up on my choice not to see anyone else from Dream for now. But Chenle, please, tell me what happened on Wednesday night."

I.N had come into the booth by now and had heard the end of what I said. I looked at him and back to Chenle. I noticed a look exchanged between the two of them.

"She deserves to know, Chenle," I.N told him.

Chenle sighed and looked back at me.

He goes on to explain the argument between Dream, with NaNa and Jisung at the center, and Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, and him finding themselves choosing sides. I'm floored, not knowing how to feel. One thing I do feel is stupid.

"Thank you, Oppa," I said to Chenle, hugging him. "I appreciate your honesty. I.N was right, I do need to know this. Don't worry about telling Jisung. I was planning  to let him know I spoke to you, so I'll do it at lunch."

I hugged I.N before leaving the studio, leaving them to their project and the last ten minutes of class. When I was in the hallway, I was spotted by the head teacher, who was standing just outside the administration office with someone. She called me down to her and, not looking for trouble, I comply.

"Good morning, Ma'am," I said, bowing as I reached her. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm fine. Thank you," she replied. "Are you feeling well? You missed classes two days this week."

"Yes, I'm well. Thank you," I told her. "I wasn't feeling well last week and I went to see my doctor on Monday, who told me I could return Wednesday. Thank you for your concern."

It was my way of saying that I'd been to my cardiologist and he gave me an extra day to rest after a near emergency last week. I saw when she understood what I wasn't saying in front of the stranger she had been with. She nodded at me then looked to the stranger.

"Choi Jongho, this is Kim Ryung-gi, a second year student. Kim Ryung-gi, this is Choi Jongho, a rookie idol from ATEEZ who will be starting his second year on Monday when the new grading period begins," the head teacher said. "Since you seem to have a free period, do you mind taking him around the school to show him around? Come back here when you're done. I'll send a note to your classes until you return to let them know what you're doing. After all, community service is also part of the educational process here."