Chapter Twenty Four

Ryu's POV:

We started working on planning the wedding. Jiyong and Seung-hyun started taking me to spend more time with Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa so I had female opinions on planning the wedding because the girls from Dreamcatcher were pretty busy. They were the only other female group that I actively spent time with since f(x) was no longer together. I saw some of the other female idols on occasion, but still, like when I was younger, I handled them in small doses. Jiyong and Seung-hyun wanted the girls of Blackpink to help me because of how little time I spent around females and the betrayal of Namkyu, so that my wedding wouldn't obviously be overly masculine since I was raised around male idols. It was fun, and the two of them came with me most of the time I was going out with the girls, so it wasn't as awkward.

"So, have you and Jisung set a date yet? Figured out the wedding party?" Lisa asked.

"Jisung is working on the date," I replied to her one day. "As for the wedding party, I'm not sure what to do. With the exception of very few female idols that I don't spend much time with, all my closest friends are male idols."

"Seriously?" Jennie asked.

"Yeah," I told her. "I never really had a tolerance for the overly hyper screechy/squeaky nature of most female idols. So, as the guys would introduce me to them, I was only exposed to them in short spurts. The only other female groups other than you I spent real time with other than you guys are Dreamcatcher and f(x)."

"You don't mince your words, do you?" Rosé asked.

"You didn't hear I called Lee Taemin a jerk when I first met him at 11 years old, did you?"

All four women started laughing at the visual.

"I grew up with Kookie, Yoongi, Taemin, Heechul, JB, Jonghyun, and so many other savage idols around me because I don't remember my life before Jin became my Appa, so I only remember my life around the idols. These guys really shaped how I behaved. Some people think it's because I didn't have a mother in my life, but I don't know. I think I grew up just fine."

"You did, Ryu," Jisoo told me. "Just because you grew up different doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you."

"Thanks."

"Besides, you're so much fun just the way you are!" Lisa exclaimed.

We all started laughing.

"Do you even know what type of colors you want at your wedding?" Jisoo asked.

"Well, that we do know, ladies," Jiyong spoke up, pulling out his phone. "Look at her dress."

He showed them the dress that he had done for me. 

"Jisung hasn't seen the dress has he?" Jisoo asked.

"No," Jiyong answered. "I'm keeping it at my place. But he has seen color swatches of the fabric so he knows what colors will be incorporated into the dress. I didn't want him starting to plan a wedding that would clash with Ryu's dream dress."

"Good thinking," Rosé agreed, smiling. 

"So, what are you thinking about the bridal party? You could, technically go non-traditional and have guys stand at your side. I mean, if Jisung's male friends are comfortable escorting your male friends down the aisle, it wouldn't be an issue. Or you could ask some of the few female friends you have to stand at your side. It's something to think about because you'd want to figure out if you need dresses or tuxes sooner than later."

"I know. I'm trying to figure it out," I told her. "Right now, maybe you can help me with ideas for the theme of the wedding? If we can figure that out with the colors, then by the time Jisung finalizes a date we can handle invitations right after."