Chapter Twenty Seven

Jisung's POV:

After a night of my parents worrying about the wedding, I finally calmed them down, reassured them that I was confident in what I was doing and that Ryu was the only person I wanted at my side for life. Now, having just woken up, I'm a nervous wreck. It's not that I'm starting to doubt my decision. It's just that my wedding day is finally here. It was a long journey for Ryu and I to get here, but we made it. 

We survived her kidnapping and sexual assault by Kim Woojin that left her body and mind broken. In fact, she found her way back to me on this very day, my birthday. No matter how hard her being set back to the beginning with her heart transplant, she found her motivation, getting out of the rehabilitation center, then more motivation to get her rehab back on track when she was home. We survived her telling me a truth that was hard for me to hear, the fact that she'd known all this time who had taken her virginity at that party when we'd graduated high school, an argument that branched into a whole other fight for her. We realized we needed to learn how to communicate better since we were living together, but we'd done it. 

Now, I was about to start my morning routine so I could throw on a pair of jeans and a shirt before I took my tux and anything else I need for today and return to my friend's house. Since my groomsmen are mostly members of NCT Dream, with my Best Man being Taeyong, we all agreed to meet at the NCT Dream dorm, but Chenle said no. He said that insane fans were too likely to be camped out there, so he insisted that the groomsmen and I get ready at his house. 

"Eomma! Appa!" I called out after I had finished everything I needed to at their house.

"It's time?" Appa asked me.

"You'll both see me later on today," I told him. "Chenle just insisted that instead of the dorm, the groomsmen and I get ready for the wedding and travel together from his house."

My father nodded at me then hugged me. 

"You have everything you'll need?" Eomma asked.

"I made sure I did, Eomma," I replied. "But thank you for asking."

"I'm so proud of you, Jisung," she said to me. "And Happy Birthday."

"Thank you, Eomma."

She hugged me and placed something in my hands. I looked down at it. It took me a minute to recognize what I was looking at. I looked back at my mother.

"Are these...?" I started.

"The talismans my parents wore for 60 years," Eomma confirmed. "I wanted to give you my father's talisman for your birthday this year and I was going to give your future bride my mother's on her birthday. But, seeing as how you're getting married on your birthday, I wanted to give you my father's talisman for your birthday and will give Ryu my mother's after the ceremony."

I hugged my mother again. 

"Thank you, Eomma. I know how important these talismans are in this family. I promise, Ryu and I will take very good care of them," I said to her as I bowed to her.

I heard a horn and looked out the window. It was Taeyong.

"That's Taeyong. He's driving me to Chenle's. It's time for me to go," I told my parents. "I'll see you later today. I love you."

I made my way out to Taeyong, feeling my parents eyes on me the entire time.

"Your parents literally just watched you until you got in my car, Jisung," Taeyong confirmed what I felt.

"I know. I think they're as nervous about today as I am," I told him. 

"You're their baby. You've basically been out of the nest for more than half of your life because you decided to follow your dream of becoming an idol, but now you're marrying the love of your life. You're not even 25, Jisung. Most people would call that crazy."