Chapter Thirty One

Ryu's POV:

After all the hard work, the first concert had arrived. The artists were nervous, but so was I. Enhypen was trying to keep me as calm as possible, which I appreciated, I just needed things to go off smoothly.

As the concert started and the groups got to see it was no different that what they normally did, everyone started relaxing and having fun. That's when I was finally able to relax. The second day started the same way, but everyone found their footing much easier than those who performed the first of the six days had.

I was proud of everyone. They were all determined to bring their best to their concert dates, and the first two nights had done exactly that. Those artists set a high bar for everyone who would follow them over the next two weekends. It was just amazing to be right out of view of the cameras, watching as they all found their rhythm and seemed to forget everything else about the night. It left me excited for the next two concerts the following weekend.

In the week that preceded the next two concerts, I had to make the virtual programs for said concerts, and ensure I had the intro videos for all 21 acts that would perform. Between doing all of that, emailing the programs to the fan email list, which I had officially blocked the fans from emailing me back on, I was still putting together the surprise package with the photocards and autographed posters. I had gotten a decent amount of work done with Zelo and Jonggup, but I still had a lot more to do.

The 21 acts that followed the first week brought their A game and outdid the 20 acts who did the first two shows. I wasn't honestly surprised with B.A.P, Super Junior, VIXX, EXO, Seventeen, iKon, Kris, Pentagon, TXT, Nu'est, TVXQ, Got7, MonstaX, LuHan, and Tao among the talent performing that weekend. These guys pull out all the stops for their fans when they perform on tours. Knowing they did so much to help Jisung and I? They pulled out the stops and slammed the gas pedal to the ground. Their performances were exciting to watch.

Now, I was ensuring the intro videos were done, as I had some of those who had performed already help me finish the majority of the packages. Jisung and I decided we would finish them on the Thursday and Friday before the final shows, because we didn't want anyone to know what we were up to. On Friday, it was bittersweet that everything was finally done and I had mailed out all of those packages to the fans. It left my focus on the last two nights of the concert series.

The last Saturday, the lineup had a lot of talent. I scheduled BlackPink, Dreamcatcher, OneUs, OneWe, Cravity, FTIsland, Boyfriend, BTS, Red Velvet, and Lay. BlackPink and Dreamcatcher were amazing on their own, but they had me help them with one or two collaborations exclusively for the concert, and it sounded extraordinary. OneUs and OneWe were doing their own thing for part of each of their allotted time, but they also had collaborations in their sets. Every single artist was debuting new material or even collaborating with someone they'd never get the chance to under normal circumstances. It was fantastic.

During the concert, Hongki called me up on stage to perform with FTIsland. I was speechless, but did it without thinking. When Appa and the rest of BTS were getting ready to go up, Kookie took me with them. He sat me in a chair that was in the center of all of them, and they began to sing "Butterfly." I wasn't completely surprised since Yoongi wrote it when I was in the hospital after the plane crash, and it was about their fear of losing me because of how fragile and delicate I looked hooked up to all the machines in the hospital. However, I was surprised when a whole montage of pictures of me growing up after Appa took me in instead of the computer graphics that should have been played in the background.

When they finished, Appa came closer to me. We still hadn't spoken since our argument. Neither of us was willing to give an inch to the other. He was my appa by adoption, but my oppa by blood, so we were still very much alike, though I usually won when we argued.