Chapter Sixteen

Ryu-ah's POV:

After the night Jisung and I spent at the lake house, we went on a few more non-committal dates. By the time I started my first term of university, we had made our relationship official. It felt nice to know that at the end of the night I had him as my boyfriend, considering he'd been there for me through everything as long as he'd known me.

A week into the term, Renjun and Jeno came to see me when I got out of classes for the day. I was close to all of NCT, but it wasn't normal for the guys to show up at my school, even when I was in high school. The guys from Dream usually either called me or waited until I came by SM if they needed to talk to me.

"What's going on, guys?" I asked them.

"Ryu-ah, would you come with us back to SM?" Jeno asked, with a smile that made him look too innocent on his face.

I looked to Renjun.

"为什么 (Wèishéme)?" I asked him why in Mandarin, trying to get an explanation.

"We want you to meet with our managers to see if they'll be willing to allow you to help produce our next project," Renjun told me after staring at me for a minute. "It will give us a chance to spend a little more time with you and work with you in a way that only Changbin and Kris have gotten to so far."

"What's the release date on this project?"

"April 29th," Jeno said.

"Are the songs written?"

"It's only five songs, but yes, they're written," Renjun replied.

"I'll see what they say, but no promises," I told them, leading them to my SUV. "Get in."

By the end of the meeting between me, Taeyong, and the managers, it was decided that I would produce one song to prove I could meet SM's standards before any other commitment was made. When that was over, Taeyong walked me into the recording studio.

"You worked remotely for Kris. This will be done here at SM. Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?" he asked me.

"Before I started working with Kris remotely, I started in his studio in Beijing. I know how to work the equipment. Also, I know how to produce a song, Taeyong-oppa. Suga, Kookie, and Changbin taught me a lot about the subject. It still isn't well-known, but I even produced a few songs for BTS back in 2015 as part of my music class assignments for Suga. The tracks are actually on the finished albums," I said before I turned to him, smiling. "But I really do appreciate that you still look after me so well after all these years. I'm okay. If I need help, I'll text you. Right now, give me the music for the songs and the lyric sheets so I know what I'm working with before Dream comes in here bouncing off the walls."

"And you're sure about working with your boyfriend and NaNa?" he asked me.

"I was able to work with Changbin just fine when we were dating. Jisung and I understand each other on a different level, plus we've worked together in school so many times that we know when to stop joking around and get work done," I started. "As for NaNa... if what I've heard is true and he's honestly been trying to fix things between him and Jisung, then we'll be fine. Besides, I know how to be professional. I was basically raised in this business, Oppa. The only thing that might cause an issue with NaNa and I is if he's had too much coffee. I don't know what to do with a vibrating NaNa."

Taeyong rolled his eyes groaning in annoyance before laughing.

"What about being able to balance this and your coursework?"

"I'll manage it," I promised him.

He ruffled my hair before pulling up the music tracks for me to listen to while looking for the lyric sheets. Thirty minutes later, I had an idea of what I wanted to do with the five songs. The songs hadn't even been broken into parts for the six boys yet, so I set to giving the boys their parts for the songs. Then I called for NCT Dream, who had been in their practice room warming up their voices, to come to the studio.