Chapter Six

Ryung-gi's POV:

Things were going well for me after everything that happened right before Christmas. I started to spend time with BTS again, EXO, SHINee, GOT7, all started to spend time with me. I'd even gotten to meet BigBang. Appa had also asked these guys to introduce me to some of the female groups they knew. So I got to meet some of the girls. I liked them, especially f(x), but some of them were too excitable sometimes. Thankfully, the guys didn't usually leave me alone with them and would notice when they were getting to be too much for me and get me away. Everything was fine... at least until the month after I turned 12.

The Idol Star Athletic Championships were filmed and Tao, who was already having issues with an ankle injury, agitated it. He was in pain and needed time to recover. His managers didn't want that, they expected him, like when Kris got sick before I was in my accident, to deal with it and keep performing. Tao had had enough. He quit and left not only SM and EXO, but Korea. I got a video call from him, apologizing that he had to say goodbye like that, but he couldn't keep getting treated like that. It hurt so much. Tao was one of my teddy bears. He could always make me feel better when I was sad, since me getting too emotional was dangerous. Still, I had to be strong for him. He cried for me when I couldn't, but he needed to take care of himself. I told him he'd always be my oppa and to take care of himself, stay in touch, and I still loved him even though he had to do that. He cried some more before he ended the call. 

When I got off the call, I was broken. I went into my room, grabbed the stuffed panda Tao had given me, and just curled up on my bed facing the wall. Appa came to check on me when he got home and I wouldn't talk to him. Soon after, Xiumin-oppa was in my room, holding me in my bed.

"Mianhae, Ryu-ah," he said to me. "I know how much you loved him. He's been struggling to get them to see he needed help and they ignored him. We've all tried to make sure he was taken care of, but we could only do so much, Sweetie."

Xiumin pulled me to him and I let him. I let him hold me tightly as he just tried to comfort me. Even though I heard him and understood, I was scared to say anything. So I nodded when he spoke. I was scared if I tried to speak I would start crying and not be able to stop until I was in the hospital again. Tao wouldn't want that and I didn't like having to stay there. I wanted to be strong for Tao.

After a while of Xiumin reassuring me the rest of EXO were staying together and that they'd still be there for me while he was still stroking my hair, Xiumin sat up, still holding me in his arms. I looked him in the eyes. It was the first time he'd seen my eyes or that I was holding the panda Tao gave me for my birthday the month before.

"Are you going to be okay, Ryu-ah?" Xiumin asked and I nodded. "Your appa wants you to take your emergency medication. It's been in here since I got here. Will you take it for me?"

I nodded again and he gave me the medication. After taking it, he helped me lay back down. Before he left, I spoke for the first time in hours, since Tao's call.

"Minseok-oppa?" I called to him, my voice shaky and scratchy.

"Yeah, Ryu-ah?" he looked back to me.

"Why does everyone keep leaving me?" I asked before I turned around and faced the wall, silent once again. 

Xiumin's POV:

"Not everyone is leaving you, Ryu-ah," I said, shocked by her question. "Tao, Kris, and Luhan aren't in Korea anymore, but they're still part of your life. They still love you and you can call them. I know it doesn't feel that way, but that's the truth. It's not the same as with the accident."

I couldn't leave Ryu like that. I got back into bed with her and pulled her to me, stroking her hair again. Eventually, I realized she had fallen asleep. It was only then that I got up to leave her room. My heart broke for her. When I went outside to the living room, Jin and the rest of BTS were waiting to find out what happened.