Chapter Seven

Jin's POV:

It was about 3:30 in the morning when I finally came out of my room. Everyone should have been in bed, but Ryu-ah was sitting outside of my room. When she heard my door open, she looked up at me and smiled.

"Why don't you wash up, Appa?" she asked me. "You must be hungry. I'll fix you something to eat."

As she got up, I grabbed her hand.

"What are you still doing up, Ryu?"

"Waiting for you, Appa," she said. "Wash up. I'll make you something to eat. You haven't eaten all day."

I let go of her hand and she made her way to the kitchen. Not knowing what else to do, I did as she told me to. When I finished, I met her in the kitchen. I sat down and watched her cook for me. I was amazed that Ryu-ah, the little girl who had once been my baby sister and was now my daughter, but always my light, was now taking care of me when she was the one who was sick. My mind must've wandered with those thoughts, because suddenly, Ryu was putting two plates of food down in front of me, one for each of us.

"Gomawo," I said to her. "Just tell me you ate while I've been in my room."

"Not much, but I ate dinner when Hobi brought food to me, Kookie, and Yoongi. I wasn't really hungry, but I did eat what I could," she said as we both started to eat.

"This is good. Who taught you to cook like this?" I asked her.

"I notice more than you realize, Appa," she said, smiling at me. "I learned by watching you, Kookie, Hobi, and even Yoongi."

"Well, you learned well," I told her, smiling at her, even though my heart was hurting.

"Appa, we need to talk about what happened in the office. If you're not ready now, I'll be home from school all day. The doctor excused me. I don't know if you realized when I asked him to or when he agreed. You need me right now, to see that I'm fine, Appa. And I am," I told him. "So, if you don't want to talk about what happened there yesterday, that's okay, but I do have something I want to bring up and I don't want to argue. I just want to bring it up so you can think about it, okay?"

I nodded at her.

"Lee Honggi asked if me and my friends can either be his guests and have all-access to one of his concerts coming up or go hang out with FT Island at one of their practices. I already told him I needed to talk to you and you might not be okay with it. He said if you need me to, for me to call Heechul and both he and Heechul can talk to you about it," I told him. "I don't want an answer right now, Appa. He asked me because I did so well in his workshop last week, thanks to Yoongi's lessons over the last five years. Right now you have a lot to think about, but I wanted you to know that he asked."

"Alright, Ryu-ah. I'll give it some thought. I'm not up to arguing tonight," I told her.

"Thank you, Appa," she said, kissing my cheek as she got up to clean up her dish and the pots.

When I finished she cleaned my dish and then sat back down with me. She looked at me and I knew there was more she wanted to say to me. I was worried, but it couldn't be worse than what her cardiologist had told us earlier today.

"Appa, I want you to think about giving me more freedom," she started. "Not for me to run wild or anything like that. I don't want to do anything that would actually put me at risk of either needing a new heart sooner or even dying. But I don't want to argue with you every time I want to do something without you."

"Ryu-ah..." I started.

"Just think about it, Appa," she said. "We can talk about it more when we talk about what happened at the cardiologist's office, okay?"