Chapter 25

Why was Kokichi heading to Miu's lab you ask?

The answer to that question can be answered if you take a look back on his breakfast with Kirumi and Gonta.

Once they had finished their food and were about to leave, Kirumi had stopped Kokichi and handed him a letter.

"Miu wanted me to give this to you." Kirumi had said. "She was going to tell you at breakfast, but since you weren't there, she asked me to hand you this note. I do not know about it's contents, but I doubt that it's a bad thing."

And now, Kokichi stood infront of her lab, paper crumpled in his fist. The letter had only said "Come to my lab once your available" and that was all. He really didn't know what she wanted with him. All he did know was that it would certainly be an experience.

He looked around quickly, making sure it wasn't a trap to get him killed before knocking. He knocked twice before being responded with a "Coming!" from inside the lab.

He heard some noises but didn't have time to question what they were before the door swung open and Miu stood in the doorway. "Oh, you did come. Come in."

Kokichi nodded and walked inside, wondering what her lab would look like. He looked around slightly, finding something interesting with every turn of his head.

The way the lab looked couldn't really be put into words. All he could say was that it was very very interesting.

"So, what do you want?" Kokichi turned to face Miu who jumped back slightly from the sound of his tone. "I don't want to waste my time with a sex machine."

The silence that followed his sentence was quite thick. That is, until Miu broke the silence.

"Don't you ever get tired of it?" She suddenly asked, turning to face him with a serious look.

"Uh tired of what? Tired of you?" Kokichi asked taking a step back.

"That. Us arguing. It's getting old quickly." Miu responded crossing her arms.

"Now that you mention that, yea it is getting old." Kokichi responded, scratching his chin. "It got boring."

"Exactly. That's why I asked for you to come here." Miu sheepishly looked at a unfinished invention on her desk. "I'm actually having trouble with an invention."

Kokichi gasped.

"Wait wait. The Ultimate Inventor can't invent something?! And they're asking for my help?" Kokichi looked at her in mild shock. "Oh my. I'm honored."

Miu's face became red due to embarrassment. "It's not that I can't do it! Actually, I'm nearly done with it. The thing is... I need a test subject."

Kokichi braced his body in a protective manner. "Are you trying to use my tiny body for human experimentation? Why not use your own?"

"Thats the thing." Miu said as she walked over to the desk that held the invention. She held it up and looked at it, modifying some parts at the same time. "I can't use it on my own body. I need to have someone else in order for it to work."

She turned to look at him. "So please, help me out. I promise it isn't something dangerous. Plus, the effects will only last for like a day. You won't be in any form of danger, I swear."

Kokichi thought about it for a while. "Hypothetically, say I do accept and let you experiment on my body. What's in it for me?"

"You can call in a favor anytime." Miu responded with a smug expression. "That's the best reward possible! Getting a favor from the world's smartest person, who wouldn't want that?"

Kokichi gave her a blank stare.

But maybe he should accept. He had to admit that Miu's talent as an inventor would certainly come in handy. Who knows when he would need to her to make something for him? Plus, him knowing he had power over her, even if it was only a litt bit, gave him satisfaction. Maybe his talent as a Supreme Leader was kicking in.

He sighed and looked up at her. "If I'm in no danger, then I suppose I'll accept. But just know that Kirumi knows I'm here, so if you kill me, or if I die here, then you'll be the number one suspect."

Miu clapped excitedly, completely ignoring the part of her becoming a suspect if he died. "Great! Just sit on that chair while I finish it."

Kokichi looked around and spotted one lone chair off to the side. He walked over to it and sat down, crossing his legs and looking at Miu impatiently. He didn't want to sit in that same position for hours, so he really needed Miu to hurry up. But since she was the Ultimate Inventor, he figured it wouldn't take long for her to be done.

He tapped his fingers against the seat cushion rhythmically, growing impatient by the second. Even if he had just sat down, he didn't seem to be patient.

"Are you done yet?" He asked tiredly. "It's taking foreverrr!"

Miu muttered a 'you just got here' before turning to look at him. "As a matter of fact, I am done. Of course, it didn't take long for a genius like me."

"Bravo bravo." Kokichi clapped sarcastically before he noticed the actual machine. "Soooo. What does it do?"

Miu walked up to him, machine in hand. It looked like a laser gun. She pointed it at him so suddenly that Kokichi had no time to react. "How about we find out?"

Kokichi didn't feel anything. He didn't feel pain, he didn't feel at all. All he did feel was annoyance at the shiny light. He instinctively covered his eyes in order to sheild himself from the brightness, but it wasn't enough.

"Since when have my hands been so- Wait. What's wrong with my voice?" Kokichi startled himself as he heard his voice become very high pitched. "Miu what did you do?!"

He looked up at her, but he wasn't able to see her face. "Woah, did you become a giant?"

He then felt himself be picked up. By Miu.

"Awwww aren't you the cutest!" Miu poked Kokichi's cheek. "Yes you are. Your much better than present Kokichi aren't you?"

"Miu, what the fuck?" Kokichi pushed her away, well tried to.

"Kokichi?! Your not supposed to use proper words yet!" Miu said suprised. She placed him down on the seat that he was on before. It seemed much bigger now.

"Miu what happened to my body? What do you mean I'm not supposed to use proper words?! What. Did. You. Do?!" Kokichi asked frantically.

Miu looked at him, then at the machine, and back to him again. She left him and came back with a mirror. "See for yourself.." She murmured before positioning the mirror in front of him.

Kokichi looked at his reflection. It was just that... he couldn't believe that what he was looking at was his reflection.

He was tiny. Not tiny as in he was shrunken, but tiny as in toddler tiny. He looked like those baby pictures he used to own.

He was a toddler.

"Look I'm sorry okay? The machine was supposed to rearrange human DNA, it was an experiment I wanted to try. I didn't know what it would do, just that you wouldn't look the same after it was used. But.." She paused and squatted beside him, looking down on toddler Kokichi. "Something went wrong."

"Well of course something went wrong!" Kokichi used his chubby little fingers and pointed at her. "I'm literally a child. A child!"

"If we're talking about you becoming a child, then no, nothing went wrong. It's your brain that I'm talking about." She stood up and walked over to the machine. "Both your body and brain should've become a child. Instead, only your body did, not your brain. Maybe I did something wrong while setting it up..."

"Oh so it's okay that I'm a child, but not okay that my brain is perfectly normal?" Kokichi crossed his arms. "What kind of logic is that?"

He then realized something. "Oh my god I am not going to wear baby clothes."

Miu opened her mouth to respond but that was when they heard knocking.

"Uh Miu? Are you in there?"