Chapter 5

Kokichi was having a panic attack. After yesterday's stunt, he had no idea on how he was supposed to even make eye contact with Kirumi ever again. And he couldn't just put it off as another one of his lies, since he was crying for real, and he knew that she had understood that.

In summary, he was royally screwed. His whole reputation as the big, bad leader of a secret organization could be completely ruined by a few words. He was at Kirumi's mercy, and he did not like it. Maybe he could find some dirt of her and blackmail her to keep her from blackmailing him? Even if it was going to be difficult, he could most definitely find a way. Maybe he could talk about how she got tense, as if she's never comforted someone before? Would that even make sense?

As he stood up to dress, he noticed the letter. From the position in which he was in, he couldn't make out the words, but he knew that something was written there. He decided to go check it out. Maybe it was a new motive, and if it was, he needed to be prepared for it.

When he did read it, he was suprised to find out that it was not a motive, but it was a note from Kirumi instead. The note was made to reassure Kokichi that Kirumi wouldn't tell anyone about what happened. And even if it was Kokichi's policy to not trust anyone, a part of him desperately wanted to trust her.

Oh well, the situation was out of his control. He could also order her to keep her mouth shut, after all, she had said that she would do anything requested of her.

After taking a shower, he put on a fresh new outfit, even if it was the same thing he wore the day before. He stared at himself in the mirror for a while, something he found himself doing often after getting his memories. He usually compared how he looked liked with himself, pointing out noticable differences between the two. Like the scars or expressions that he found the memories.

Maybe he should start addressing him as himself. After all, they were basically the same person, just their memories altered. But he really didn't want to at the same time. He didn't want to address himself as the same persom who let himself be abused by others without saying anything. So he decided just to continue addressing other him as him, although it did get a little confusing at times, it still worked.

He went to the coffee table, and picked up his keys from on top of it. He then proceeded to go through the action of unlocking his door, closing it behind him, and locking it with his keys. He placed the keys in his pocket as he turned to leave the dorms.

He knew he really didn't have a choice than to go to the dining hall. He knew that eventually, someone would find him and question him. So he decided to go to them instead. He was the leader of a secret organization, simple questions don't scare him. Instead, he would intimidate to others to keep them from asking him questions.

With newly formed confidence, he marched towards the dining hall. He felt lucky that he hadn't run into anyone, even a little hopeful. Although he knew better than to get his hopes up, after all he would never know when despair could strike before it was too late.

And so, the Ultimate Supreme Leader opened the doors to the dining hall dramatically and went in. He looked just like he always had: carefree and annoying. Everyone's conversations stopped the minute he walked in. All eyes were on him, and he didn't particularly like the attention he was reciving.

He decided to ignore them as he skipped into the kitchen, in which he knew that Kirumi would be in. The second he went in, he locked the door behind him with a sigh. At least Kirumi wouldn't pester him with questions.

'Wait. Wasn't Kirumi serving food?' He questioned himself. But he was sure that he had seen someone in the kitchen...

He pushed back the anxiety that creeped onto him, and slowly turned around. His eyes were met with no other than the Ultimate Detective.