Special Chapter 2

Dedicated to  syissuffering

Ouma was going to celebrate his friend's birthday.

Well, he wasn't only going for her birthday, he was also going because a Christmas party would be held the same day. After all, her birthday was just a day before Christmas. Killing two birds with one stone.

He really didn't want to go though. He knew that Shuichi was going to be there.

Shuichi Saihara scared Kokichi Ouma.

The way he would stare at him made him uncomfortable. The way that his pencils would always disappear when Shuichi was near made him uncomfortable. Shuichi knowing Kokichi's name before they even talked made him uncomfortable.

But maybe it was all just a coincidence. Perhaps Shuichi was actually really nice and Kokichi was just assuming things. Yeah, that was probably it.

Kokichi clutched the gift bag harder as he arrived at the house in which the party would he held in.

Even if Junko was his senpai, they were actually good friends. Nagito Komeada, a third year, was also part of their little friend group. Kokichi felt happy when he was with them. Even if they rarely talked as much as they did before.

Putting aside his nervous thoughts, Kokichi forced a smile unto his face. He walked up to the door and knocked once... twice...

The door opened suddenly and a very annoyed looking Shuichi appeared. When he saw Kokichi, his face seemed to brighten up.

"Kokichi! So glad to see you here!" Shuichi grabbed Kokichi's wrist and dragged him inside.

"Ah, uh. Shuichi! Y-yeah..." He muttered awkwardly as he closed the door behind him. He held up the gift bag. "W-where do I put the gift at?"

"Oh! Over here!" He pointed at a table that was across the room.

Kokichi nodded his thanks and went to go place the gift at them table. He then took the chance to look around.

People he knew and people he didn't were everywhere. They were on the couches making out, they were on the table eating food. Junko and her sister Mukoro sat on the head of the table. Well, Mukoro was beside Junko. Even if it was her birthday as well, they seemed to only be celebrating Junko's birthday.

Shuichi walked up to him once more. He wasn't saying anything though. He was just... starting at him. It made him feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Um.. can I help you...?" Kokichi tried breaking the silence. Shuichi seemed to have realized what he was doing because his face became bright red.

"Ah, sorry. I just got lost in thought..." He looked away nervously. He was clearly lying. He had been wanting to stare at Kokichi for some time now. Him being caught in the act meant that he had to deny it. After all, who would want to hear that they're being stared at?

"Oh... that's okay I guess." Kokichi offered. It was very awkward.

"Merry Christmas....?" Shuichi told him. Even if it wasn't Christmas yet, it was Christmas Eve, meaning that wishing someone "Merry Christmas" was valid.

"Thanks!" Kokichi looked up to him and smiled.

Shuichi had to look away. It was too much for him. His face was redder than a tomato. Kokichi looked confused as to why Shuichi was looking away.

Kaede walked up to the awkward duo, a unreadable expression on her face. She spoke with a monotone voice "Junko wants you both to go to that room. She said that she has an exciting game planned for us. Follow me."

Kaede didn't stop to check if they were following or not, she simply started walking in the direction of the so called room. Kokichi glanced at Shuichi slightly before timidly following close behind Kaede.

Even if Junko was one of Kokichi's friends, he was still nervous about what her definition of "an exciting game" would be. After all, she was the Ultimate Despair before anything. Not even her talent as a fashionista was able to overshadow her ability to cause despair.

A little too quickly for Kokichi's taste, they arrived to the room. He could hear voices in there, making him think that they were the last to come in.

Kaede opened the door, gesturing at them to come in. Kokichi, alongside Shuichi, walked into the room. The conversations stopped as soon as they walked in, but continued shortly after they saw who had come in.

"Now that everyone is here, sit in a circle." Junko gestured to the middle of the room. Everybody there sat in a circle arrangement. Well everyone but Junko and Mukoro.

Kokichi sat beside someone he didn't recognize, and one of his senpais. Shuichi sat across him.

Now, Shuichi had really wanted to sit beside Kokichi, but he knew that he'd be better off sitting across him. If they really were doing what he thought that they would, sitting across Kokichi would harvest better results.

"Get a bottle you ugly mistake!" Junko snarled at her sister, who simply nodded. Not long after, Mukoro came back with a bottle and handed it to Junko.

Junko held the bottle up with a smile playing on her lips. She then proceeded to lay it inside the circle of people, suprising the ones who were sitting.

'A bottle? Please don't tell m-'

"We're going to play spin the bottle! Well, you are." Junko added. "But instead of simply just having to kiss, whoever is chosen will have to stay in that cramped closet for 10 minutes!"

Shuichi was right. They were going to play spin the bottle! This version was so much better. He just had to hope that he'd land with Kokichi.

"Okay, spin the bottle Nagito." Junko gestured to the white haired boy, who in return nodded.

Nagito did as he was told and landed on a second year. They didn't seem to know each other, as they didn't seem neither disappointed nor excited.

The pair walked into the closet, and after some time, they left. They didn't seem bothered by whatever had happened in there. Junko seemed slightly disappointed to see that they're reactions were so passive.

"Really? How boring." She grumbled before turning to look at the ones sitting down. Her eyes scanned the crowd before they landed on a particular one.

"Kokichi. Your turn." Kokichi looked startled for a second before nodding. All Kokichi wished was that he landed on someone nice.

Kokichi spun the bottle, counting his lucky stars. To his surprise, it landed on Shuichi.

Shuichi had to bite his lip to restrain his excitement. He and Kokichi! Stuck in a small space for 10 minutes straight! How exciting.

Kokichi knew Shuichi well, so he didn't mind that much. But there was something about him that made Kokichi want to run. It was probably nothing more than his imagination.

Kokichi and Shuichi stood up in sync and headed to the closet. Shuichi got in first with Kokichi following close behind. After they had entered, Mukoro went over to close the door.

The last thing he saw before the closet was enveloped in darkness was Junko's smile.

(I don't know what this chapter even was)