Chapter 20

Kokichi figured he should start with the body. After all, he still needed to comfirm some suspicion he had. Luckily, only Shuichi was in the dining hall, so he didn't have to worry about getting weird looks.

He walked up to where the body was and looked at it's position for a little. It was layed down ontop of the table, one leg dangling off the edge. He wasn't sure if it meant anything, all he knew was that it'd be some time before they'd eat in that table.

Angie's body, did in fact have burned skin. It looked like the wrinkled skin of an elder, although much worse. Her lips however, were in worst condition.

The way they looked made him believe that the lips took most of the liquid. That would explain the injuries in the throat. Being forced to drink the chemicals was sure to cause some skin damage. Maybe it was intended.

The thing he didn't like was that it reminded him too much of Rantaro's case. It made him believe that perhaps it was just a copycat. That would certainly be trouble.

He figured that he was done with the body. Next, he should investigate the dining hall itself as well as the kitchen.

Kokichi did a quick search of the dining hall, finding nothing in particular. When he was about to enter the kitchen, a reflection caught his attention.

He carefully inched closer to it, and upon further inspection, he concluded that it was broken glass from some kind of container. It probably was used to house the chemical. The culprit must've been too careless and imagined that nobody would find these glass shards. Mistake on their part.

The shards were too scattered and small for Kokichi to make out. He wasn't able to see what the container looked before it had been shattered. Even after arranging them in different order, he wasn't able to do anything.

With a disappointed sigh, Kokichi walked away from the glass shards. He fugured that the kitchen would be the next possible hiding spot. After all, it was close to the dining hall.

He walked in quickly, closing the door behind him. He didn't want someone to walk in on him investigating. It made him feel as if he were being studied. It made investigating a murder case extremely uncomfortable.

He walked over to the trashcans, shaking them ever so softly. He didn't want to stick his hand in there, but he needed to check if some kind of evidence was in there. However, he didn't find anything that was out of place in them.

The sink was the next place he decided to search. It was nothing more than a gut feeling. He felt as if he would be missing something if he skipped the sink.

Kokichi walked over to where the sink was. He stared at it for a while. It was empty. Well partially empty.

A singular dirty dish sat there. It seemed as if whoever had used it had rushed cleaned it, not having time to clean it truly. It was quite obvious that the dish was not cleaned by Kirumi. There was a difference in the shininess of the plates, the ones Kirumi did seeming way more cleaner.

With one last glance, he exited the kitchen and entered the dining hall.

The next thing on his agenda was questioning the others. It was important that he collected alibis, although he doubted that they'd do much good in this situation. He had been wanting to question Shuichi first, since he was the closest to him, but he could no longer do that since the detective was gone.

While he was looking for the other students, he might as well investigate the other rooms. Who knows what he may find. Plus, he should try to get the most information as possible. Every piece of information would be useful in a class trial.