Chapter 6

A/N: no art today, sorry.

It has been 30 minutes since the two males were stuck together, and Kokichi was already getting anxious.

It didn't take an expert to guess that Kokichi was certainly strange. In fact, anybody who has had a conversation with him can call that statement a fact. And they wouldn't be lying.

Kokichi is in fact weird. He hated socializing and talking to people in general. Because of this, he'd rather be alone than to have any human contact at all. But, if he was forced onto a situation in which he was with another person, he absolutely wante- no, needed to talk with them.

It was something silly if you really think about it. It was just that he overthinks the situation, and somehow comes to the conclusion that the person he's with absolutely hates his guts and is judging him. Because of this, he'd rather talk with them, since he knew that that a  conversation would take away whatever negative thoughts the other party had about him.

Or at least he hoped anyway. But that was not the issue here.

Shuichi Saihara and Kokichi Ouma have been sitting in silence for about 30 minutes. Not only that, they haven't even moved their positions. Shuichi was still sitting on the floor, and Kokichi was still sitting on the counter. It's as if they were just statues.

Kokichi was also in conflict with what to do. A part of him wanted to make a hole on the door, and just run away without talking or even looking at the detective. Even if he knew that'd he probably be killed for damaging school property.

But he also wanted to talk to Shuichi. He wanted to joke around, or share similar interests. He wanted to at least pretend to be friends with Shuichi, even if it was for a little while. But of course, he'd never admit it out loud.

But he knew what he had to do. If the Ultimate Supreme Leader was quiet for too long, the detective might began to suspect that Kokichi was actually quite nervous to be there. Well, according to Kokichi's imagination anyway.

"Hey Shuichi? I've been thinking about something." Hearing the small boy talk, Shuichi looked up to where Kokichi was. He nodded his head as if saying "continue".

"We can't really kill each other, y'know? It'd be pointless and dumb to do so, don't you agree?" The Ultimate Supreme Leader didn't really knew about what to talk about, so he just blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"A-and why is that?" Shuichi asked nervously. Talking about murder so casually in a killing game is certain to earn suspicion, so he was a little nervous to talk about it. Especially if it included one of them dying.

Kokichi laughed slightly as jumped from down from the table. He walked over to where Shuichi was sitting, and stood in front of him. "Wow! For being the Super Highschool Level Detective, your awfully dense, aren't ya?" Shuichi blushed in embarrassment at being called densed. But he wasn't wrong. Shuichi felt as if he didn't deserve the title anyway. He was dense. The case he solved was pure luck.

Seeing the depressed look on his face, Kokichi immediately felt bad. "Okay! I'll explain it then!" He tried to take Shuichi's mind off whatever was making him said, and it seemed to work.

"As we all know, after 3 students discover a body, the body discoverment will play, correct?" Shuichi nodded. He had gone over the rules many times, so he was already accustomed to them. "I imagine the killer is not included in those 3, so it'd have to be 3 fresh new students to discover the body.

"Let's say, hypothetically, I were to kill you-calm down, I'm not gonna do it-. Anyway, I killed you, your dead, and I'm the blackened. Now, we have to wait untill 3 other students find the body, since I'm not included in the 3. But what if 3 students are unable to find the body?"

Shuichi nodded, understanding his reasoning. "That means, if you were to kill me, you'd basically be stuck here with my body. Since no students will be able to find my body, the body discoverment announcement won't play, therefore, you basically killed me for no reason in particular." Shuichi thought a little more. "But what if another murder occurs? Monokuma did say that if two people were murdered by two different persons, only the first will have a class trial. And so far, nobody has killed anyone. So if I were to get killed, I'd be the first death, right? But the other student's won't know that, so they'd asume the trial is for the second victim, when in reality it is for me. Then, they'd most likely vote for the second blackened, when in reality they should be voting for you. And if that occurs, they would all get punished, and you'd be fre-. Oh."

Shuichi turned to look at Kokichi with suspicion. Kokichi was a little taken back by his deduction. "Wow, they really don't call you the Ultimate Detective for nothing, do they?" He laughed, trying to brush off the suspicious look he was still reciving. When he saw that it wouldn't go away, he sighed slightly.

"Don't worry, I'm not killing you. I was just trying to lighten up the mood with a joke, but you turned it into a serious situation. Good job Shuichi."

Shuichi looked down, embarrassed by his blabbering. "Is that so? My bad..." he mumbled under his breath, still ashamed by his outburst.

"But that theory if yours will only work if there is a murder." Kokichi turned to look at Shuichi who nodded in response. "Which raises the question."

Kokichi walked away from Shuichi and to the camera observing them. Shuichi also stood up to follow him, curious as to what the boy had in mind.

"Just what is their purpose for trapping us in here? It doesn't really serve as a motive." He looked straight at the camera, almost as if he knew that the mastermind was looking back at him. "It's kinda disappointing really. And how boring it is. Did they trap us here for fan service or what?"

Shuichi didn't really understand the fan service part, but he did have the same question as Kokichi had. "Maybe they're trying to punish us? Or cause us despair? But why? Surely it couldn't be just because they enjoyed this kind of thing..."

Kokichi turned to look at the detective. "Mr. Detective, did you anger the mastermind?"

Shuichi looked startled at the question."Eh?! B-but I haven't even met the mastermind? Did I really anger them? Surely it couldn't be... right?"

"Oh, but it could!" Kokichi replied cheerfully. "We don't know who the mastermind is, so you could've angered them without even knowing!"

Shuichi looked so panicked, it made Kokichi want to laugh. "I did? Maybe. Who have I angered? Maybe Angie because I didn't let her take my blood? Or Kiyo, because I didn't let him use my body as a vessel in which to summon a demon into?" Shuichi sat down, anxiously murming things he might've done to upset somebody.

Kokichi exploded with laughter. "No no! Calm down Shumai! Your an angel, of course you didn't make anyone mad. I was only joking with you!"

Shuichi's face was so red from embarrassment, steam could be seen coming out. He hid his face with his hands, trying to shut out Kokichi's laughter.

-----------------------

The two students sat in silence once again. But this time it was different. The silence was comfortable and understanding. Kokichi felt quite satisfied with the feeling.

Shuichi felt satisfied too, which confused him. He had heard that Kokichi was the worst student, and if you get too close to him, you'll instantly regret it. When he had first heard of this, he felt nervous to even approach Kokichi. But once he actually talked to him properly, he was fairly nice. Of course, Kokichi was confusing at times, well most of the time actually. But he was really caring in his own way.

Shuichi wondered if he was the only one who knew that.

Shuichi wondered why he felt happy to be the only one who knew that.

Shuichi wanted to spend more time with the boy. He wanted to learn about him. He wanted to be friends. "Kokichi, once we leave, do you think we could be fr-"

"A body has been discovered! Please gather to the library to start the investigation!"

A/N: Wow, finally some Saiouma in a Saiouma book.
I changed the body discoverment announcement because I really didn't want to go search up some stuff.
Also, I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I hope you enjoyed reading it.