Chapter 27

When Kokichi woke up, he didn't know where he was.

This caused him to panic slightly.

I mean, come on. You suddenly wake up somewhere that you don't recognized, surely you'll panic.

Then he remembered what had happened.

He had turned into a toddler due to Miu's invention. Shuichi had come and... Kokichi had fallen asleep on him?

Oh my God Kokichi had fallen asleep on Shuichi.

He leaned up, looking around. The room in which he was in looked just like his own... except it wasn't. It didn't feel like his room. Well, it made sense when he spotted Shuichi sleeping on a chair.

Okay so.. Shuichi sleeping here and this room that looks so similar to mine can only mean one thing. I'm in Shuichi's room. But how did I get here? Did he... kidnap me?

"Shuichi! Detective!" Kokichi said as loud as he could, wanting to wake him up. "Get up."

Shuichi squirmed in his sleep, but still didn't wake up. After Kokichi calling his name a few more times, Shuichi's eyes flew open. "K-kokichi?! Your awake?"

"Of course I'm awake." Kokichi responded, crossing his baby arms. "Now, care to explain what I'm doing here?"

Shuichi just stared at him blankly. He didn't know how to respond. He himself didn't even know why he did it. He just had this... feeling. Like an inner voice. It was telling him to get Kokichi.

Kokichi sighed at Shuichi's blank stare. "You know what? Nevermind."

...And that's when he noticed what he was wearing.

Kokichi looked down at himself then up at Shuichi. He looked down at himself again and up at Shuichi. His eye twitched slightly as a smile appeared, although it wasn't a kind smile.

"Shuichi? What am I wearing?" He talked slowly, trying to keep himself from getting to angry at Shuichi.

Shuichi looked quite scared. You didn't know true fear until you saw a toddler look as if they wanted to rip your throat out. "I-I can e-explain!" He waved his hands frantically around and took a step back.

"Then please do." Kokichi replied. And then he seemed to have realized something. "Shuichi... who changed me exactly? Please don't tell me you did."

Shuichi shook his head frantically. "Of course I didn't change you. That would've been... weird. I uh asked Monokuma to do it. B-but he did it so fast! He just waved his hands and you were in... that."

Kokichi sighed. "That's much better than you being the one to change me."

Shuichi nodded and sat down, not saying anything. Kokichi suddenly remembered the time they had been stuck in the kitchen. Just before the murder of Rantaro Amami.

"Shuichi. Bring me food." Kokichi suddenly said, laying down on the bed. "Im hungrrryyy" he dragged the word out in order to make it more dramatic.

Shuichi stood up in one swift motion. He turned to Kokichi, nodding quickly and muttering a "I'll be back" before leaving.

Kokichi rolled his eyes. The body that he was in right now was really disadvantageous. Anybody could come in and murder him easily. The mastermind could come and murder him easily. Plus, he wouldn't be able to investigate for twenty-four whole hours. Although he did think he deserved a break.

In conclusion, he was in a vulnerable state.

"Maybe I could take a short nap while I wait for Shuichi to come back." He whispered as he closed his eyes.