Chapter 31

Kirumi Tojo. Dead. Gone. Just like that. And to think that Kokichi was talking to her a few minutes prior.

He took a step back, not knowing how to process the situation. Too much had happened in the span of a few hours for him to process. He needed to sit down.

He walked up to the counter and sat on it, much like the time when he was stuck in the kitchen with Shuichi. He simply sat there and stared at Kirumi's body.

What am I supposed to do? Cry? I think I am. But why aren't I? He wondered. I should probably tell somebody about this. Yeah.. that's a good idea.

He jumped off the counter and headed to the door, glancing back at Kirumi one last time before leaving. He exited the dining hall, looking to find a person. Anyone.

Thanks to some kind of twisted luck, Shuichi was about to enter the dining hall the moment Kokichi was about to exit. "Oh. Shumai."

Shuichi nodded and smiled tiredly at him. "Yes? Is something the matter? You seem awfully pale." He reached out a hand to gently caress Kokichi's cheek.

Kokichi was suprised at the gesture but welcomed it, spacing out. "Kokichi?" Shuichi muttered, concerned.

"Oh yes, sorry I kinda spaced out." He pulled away from Shuichi's touch entering the dining hall. "Shuichi, can I show you something?" He glanced at the direction of the kitchen as he said that.

Shuichi nodded, entering the dining hall. "Lead the way."

Kokichi nodded, opening the kitchen door, turning back to face Shuichi, he gestured for him to come in.

Shuichi started to get nervous, not knowing what to expect. He however, nodded. This was a mystery waiting to be solved. What kind of detective didn't enjoy solving mysteries? Could he even call himself a detective if he didn't have the guts to even look at what was inside? He didn't think so.

Taking a deep breath he stepped in, facing Kokichi all the while. "So... what am I supposed to look for?"

Kokichi pointed to the direction in which Kirumi's body was at. Shuichi gulped and walked to where Kokichi was pointing, letting out an audible gasp as he saw it.

"Wh-why?" His voice came out shaky as he took a step back, turning to look at Kokichi with a horrified look on his face. "Is she really...?"

Kokichi nodded and gestured for them to leave the kitchen. Shuichi nodded and followed Kokichi as they exited, quickly closing the door behind him.

"When did you find her?" Shuichi asked quietly, turning his back to Kokichi. "Were you the last person to see her alive?"

"To answer your first question, a few minutes ago I'd say." He closed his eyes and sighed. He opened them again and smiled softly. "And yes, I was the last person to see her alive. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I wasn't. There's the chance that somebody else saw her after I did, so I can't really answer that question."

Shuichi nodded, his expression hardening as he thought. He turned to face Kokichi with a sad expression, not meeting his gaze. "I'm.. sorry Kokichi. I know how close you and Kirumi were, this must hurt." Then there was Gonta, but Shuichi decided to keep his name out of this.

Kokichi laughed. "Close? Shuichi, do you not understand?" He turned to face him, walking to the door, stopping before he reached it completely.

"Kirumi was a liar. I hate liars."

-----------------------

Shuichi sat alone in the dining hall, still thinking about what happened minutes before.

"He's gotten more confident." He muttered as he pushed the hair infront of his face. "I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing."

"No matter." He smiled and stood up. "That doesn't change the fact that he's mine."

"Now, to find someone else. We do need to get the dead body announcement, hmm?"

-----------------------

Kokichi looked up at the nearest monitor as he heard the body discoverment announcement play. He however, didn't go with the others like how one usually would. He didn't think that it'd have any consequences. Or at least he hoped it wouldn't.

For now, he needed to start the investigation in order to bring the blackened(s) to justice.

A/N: short-ish chapter because i have something to say and because i want to start the investigation in another chapter all together.

So, listen up folks. If you want. I'd rather you did, but you do you. Okay so uh basically, there's something I should've mentioned at the beginning of the fic, but i didn't so im going to say it now: this is just a draft. What i mean by this is that this fanfic as of now, April 15, 2021, is just the draft. It isn't the final product. So the reason I haven't gone over and fixed the mistakes was because once I'm finished with the "draft" I'll go over it and tidy it up. I really didn't expect for this to get this much attention, so i guess i should bring this out to light

That's all, thanks for reading up to this point-