Wilting Flower Bloosoms

Part: Stardust Crusaders

Triggers:
- KakJota [Jotaro x Kakyoin] (one-sided)
Jotaro > Kakyoin
-grief | general angst | near death
-amenisa

Summary:
There are so many things, Jotaro still ha dleft to say to Noriaki. Finding out he's alive - was the best news he had gotten during his weeks of recovery...

Word-Count: 1,078
Published: January 22nd, 2021
Status: minorly-edited
______________________________________
Lengths of white bandages had small stains of blood seeping through from where wounds that had been reopened. Eyes with long-pretty lashes and vibrant blue color were framed by dark sagging bags. A young and sharp jawline seemed faded with pale and sickly looking skin. Lusish black locks that curled in natural waves, were greasy and looked slick beneath the hospital lights after days without washing. A strong, sculpted arm held in a cast. Jotaro, sat in the chair, sagging down as his body attempted to pull him into sleep - but images of blood flashed before his eyes. Jolting awoke again his heartbeat elevating slightly, before once more heading down to baseline. He spotted a doctor entering the empty waiting room and he sat up trying to allow some kind of semblance of health to grace his haggard features. He had once had the delusion that after defeating Dio - he could simply return to life as it had been.

Everything had changed during those fifty days. He had made friends. He had made memories he never wanted to forget and memories that haunted him. Jotaro had found himself. Yet, after that final blow had been delivered he had felt like every bit of himself he had gained- was torn apart. What he thought he knew about his heart and his feelings - had changed, as he had stared up at a gushing water-tower, a limp body pressed agaisnt the shredded metal.  All his denial. All his false conclusions to what had been in his heart had shattered. He could still hear his own voice - breaking into a scream, as a stretcher carried what looked to only be a corpse into the hospital. The defeaning silence as he scremed out his name, and got no response. The seemingly suffocating grasp of his grandfather around his torso to hold him back - as the adrenaline of battle wore off. As his thoughts cleared of rage.

Every promise they had made had flown through his mind. They has been playing on repeat a constant buzz in his head. Memories flickering in and out.

"This is my first sleepover...technically. I can't wait to get back to Japan - and have a proper one with you!"

"I think we should join a sport when we get back. We'd be an unbeatable dou!"

"At home, I have this gaming console - I could teach you how to play my favorite game, F-Mega!"

"When we get back, don't think you'll be ditching school.. I'll drag your ass there if I have to using [Hierophant]."

"...I love you."
Those three little words, had been spoken to him - while the Jotaro had bealived he was sleeping. It had been only a few days before the male was incapacitated by N'Doul. Kakyoin, never gave any indication that he had heard him. He never knew whether his feelings were reciprocated. He'd failed Kakyoin. That phrase that held so much power, was whispered with the intention of him hearing - before they parted ways.

Noriaki hadn't given him a response then either.

"Mr.Kujo? Excuse me - Mr.Kujo?" The doctor's voice broke his shadowed daze. The dark-haired male bolted upwards. Jotaro shook his head, blinking back tears.

"Um, yeah. That's me."he said, slowly, feeling out of place before the pristine looking doctor. The female huffed, and she pushed up the glasses that were perched upon her nose she seemed ready to end her shift. Jotaro barely payed attention to her features or body language, rather he studied her words and tone.

"I have good news and bad news. Ths good news is, he's alive - Noriaki Kakyoin, will live to see hopefully, the rest of his years -"

That's all he needed to hear. The teenager bolted upwards, and shoved past the woman sprinting down the hallway cuasing quite the racket. She spun on her heel, calling after him dread sinking into her.

"Wait! I haven't told you the bad news-! Mr.Kujo! It isn't a good idea to see him!" None of her words sank in. He didn't even hear her really, despite her voice carrying. Why would he need to hear anything else? He didn't need any of that nonsense. He needed Noriaki. He needed to see his face, eyes open and lips pulling back onto a smile as his eyes crinkled. To feel his heart beating benath his skin, pumping life through his body. He needed the warmth that the redhead always procuded.

He slammed open the door, and froze. The room was covered in thin, green tendrils as they trailed across the floor and cieling. It seemed to be a maze made out of [Hierophant] a lot of them even coming down from the cieling to the floor making pillars. Jotaro stepped through attempting not to touch any of the Stand, but it was impossible. He watched as someone in the bed shifted, whipping their head around. Redhair hung down, having grown out in the last few weeks. The male sharp features were pronounced by two parrell scars across his bright eyes. He looked - healthy. At least compared to Jotaro. Kakyoin was certainly thinner, but he was bedridden that was to be expected. The Joestar could see the strange tugging that hsd been attached to his hips and legs - in order for him to walk.

A smile slipped upon Noriaki's lips, it was polite. Welcoming- but a chill ran through Jotaro. Why was he looking at him like that? Why didn't he burst into tears, as the dark-haired male had done, they were spilling down his face in waves.

"Hello!"Kakyoin spoke chipperly, and he tilted his head, and now his smile seemed strained. "Who are you?"

"Noriaki..."Jotaro took a step forward and he collapsed into the vistor chair, shaking. He was having a hard time breathing as his chest seemed to collapse in on itself. "You don't - remember me? At all?"

The redhead scrunched up his brows, he stared for a moment and shook his head. "I'm sorry - but, I really don't remember who you are. The doctor's said that the damage done to my head and spine  from hitting the water tower is cuasing me, post-trumatic amenisa. So...who are you?" He stated it as if, he was reciting a grocery list. Jotaro swallwoed. He clenched his hands back and forth.

"I'm Jotaro Kujo, your..."he pasued and in a sweeping moment of selfishness, he spoke again. "Your lover."