Fall To Your Knees

Pairing(s):  KakJota [Kakyoin x Jotaro]
(platonic) (minorly implied)

Part: Stardust Crusaders

Summary:
Jotaro wakes in the middle of the night to find that his companion has been harboring much darker secrets than he believed...

Content-Warning:
- attempted suicide | depressive themes
- general angst | terror/fear
- hurt/comfort (?) | dark themes

Word-Count: 1,597
Published: April 12th, 2021
Status:  edited
____________________________________
It was eerily quiet for a city so big: it was as if the sun had set and everyone collectively decided that it was no longer safe or wise to stay out upon the streets. Perhaps it was simply the place they could afford to stay, was an area that people didn’t stay out at night fear of getting hurt. It was likely this sudden transcend of silence that had woken him, the shifting atmosphere startling his subconscious mind awake. He had no other reason to wake and turn over, in order to blink and try to make sense of the faint glowing letters that were to be found upon the alarm clock.

Said clock, was set haphazardly upon a worn nightstand, that was between two not-so-five-star beds. The man would have rolled over and gone right back to sleep, had he not noticed the absence of his companion. Acros from him the bed was empty – and it almost looked as if it had been untouched, the itchy sheets and heavy blanket unmoved from their original position. He slowly reached up and rubbed at his eyes with a callused hand – trying to get them to adjust to the strangely bright moonlight.

Perhaps, that is why the city was asleep. There simply weren't enough streetlights to keep the creatures who lives in the dark away one the sun dipped behind the horizon. As he became aware of the bitter cold that was seeping into the once sweltering room, he shivered. With a loud yawn he reached over and grabbed his coat, wrapping it about his broad frame effectively covering up his half-naked body, for all he wore was an oversized t-shirt and boxers.

He found the source of the moonlight. It was the wide-open balcony door and a soft breeze drifted the ugly curtains that had been draped around the stained and dirty glass. It really wasn’t the nicest place to crash for the night: but they weren’t picky. Running a hand through his inky-locks of hair it only took him a few steps to get to the balcony. The beds took up most of the space in the small room. At first, he leaned up against the frame of the glass door, staring out into the shadowy city.  His gaze lifted upwards and he caught sight of a couple hundred stars dotted across the night sky. Then, there was the moon hanging almost directly above their heads. With small adjustment he was able to catch a glimpse of his companion.

He was standing upon the corner of the railing, balancing on the thin and barely seeming welded together metal. It was hard to see and read his face as the breeze blew his unstyled and rather long hair about obscuring his features in tongues of flame. Jotaro swallowed a lump in his throat. Noriaki’s feet shifted, and one of them left the edge – and that, was when he knew the other man was going to jump.

“I thought you were meant to be sleeping.”

A visible jolt rocketed itself through the shorter teenager, and his foot snapped itself back beside the other. The ginger slowly stepped down from the railing and there was a sheepish look upon his features, a heartbreaking smile coming across them. His voice was just as aloof.

“Ah, Jotaro. I thought you were asleep?” he tilted his head ever so slightly. “Did I wake you? I was sure I was being quiet.”

Jotaro shook his head, “It wasn’t you.” was the short rely he gave. Rather than saying anything he allowed his gaze to do the talking, as it pinned his friend to the spot.