Which Flower Do You Pick First?

Part: Stardust Crusaders

Triggers:
-JotaKak [Jotaro x Kakyoin] (implied)
- depression | grief | general angst
- suicide (attempted) | self-harm
- delusions | hallucinations

Summary:
Jotaro expected that after they won agaisnt Dio, he would be - happy, even just a little. That's not what happens. Instead, he finds himself having nothing left to live for, not even his mother - who he risked his life to save - seems to be able to spark any kind of feeling in him anymore...

Word-Count: 2,252

Published: December 19th, 2020

Status:  minorly edited
______________________________________

He stared at the wall.

Blossoming flowers of red where blooming at his feet, siblings around in the now - run cold bath water. He didn't mind. The stinging cold was starting to help numb the angry, red lines upon his arms. The blood seemed to almost gracefully drip down his limps dripping with poetic rhythm as droplets hit the water. Once, he found the color red gaudy and tacky. Now he associated it with beauty. Fire burning within a sparkling grin.

He associated it with the substance that had stained his fists. The vile liquid that had pooled out from around a motionless form, an ever present curl of the lips present on angelic features. Even covered in blood the male's inhuman elegance never ceased. It was cruel. So, cruel how he remained stunning, as Jotaro broke down into ugly tears.

He watched the water begin to turn a strange shade of pink and red, mixing and swirling. It was as if an artist had taken his paintbrushes and swirled them around after being used. The dilenquent leaned back feeling the water tickle the back of his neck, he had expected the slits in his skin to hurt. Burn. Sting. But, like everything else the pain faded. Perhaps his body was too used to this kind of abuse. Sighing, he shifted his empty blue gaze to the ceiling.

An image drifted across his vision, maybe from blood lose - or maybe, his own subconscious trying to despretly save whatever small shattered peices of him that were left. A sharp smirk, perfectly framed by a comically- yet skillfully curled bang, and those ever glowing amythest eyes.

Well.
He guessed not ever glowing.

"Jotaro..." a sweet silky voice spoke, barely above a whisper as if not to disturb him. "Jotaro..."

The Joestar allwoed a few tears to begin to slip down his face. His voice. He missed his voice. Everything. He missed everything. Jotaro went to school. It felt empty and colder than before. Not even his mother's cooking has any taste. The man was suprised the colors hadn't comeplely drained from his life. It was unfair. Why did the world get to be all bright and happy looking, after a brilliant soul was stolen away.

"Jotaro!"
A knocking was at the door and his daze was broken. Sluggishly, he sat upwards in the tub feeling the cold water trickle down his body. He glanced towards the door, he barely even listened to his mother's concerns.

"Jotaro, you've ben in there quite and awful long time! The water surely has run cold by now, are you alright?"not being given a resposne, the woman sighed. She leaned against the door voice and face flooding with sadness. Her little boy, hadn't come home at all. Jotaro, seemed stood always be somewhere far away. She barely saw any resemblance of her son in the empty shadow that resided in his body.

She forced him to consult doctors, therapists, but he never spoke to them. He never told her of anything that happened either. Joseph had shared most of it, but that didn't help. She needed to hear JoJo's perspective in order to understand where her son vanished too. The blonde woman, shook with threatening tears.