The Snapping of a Rubber Band

Part: Stardust Crusaders

Triggers:
- KakPol [kakyoin x polnareff] (implied - established <?> )
- self-loathing | general angst | heartache
- blood | violence (minor/mention)
- suggestive themes | alcohol use

Summary:
Kakyoin and Polnareff, finally meet in the middle about the strange-heates feelings that have been rising between them, just- not in the most conventional ways...

Word-Count: 1,908
Published: February 5th, 2021
Status: minorly-edited / basically unedited

|| ahahaha I am now officially, a multi-shipper. Also oh my gods, jts not KakJota for once -  ||
______________________________________
"I can't believe, I'm sharing a room with you."  The French-man's accent had thickend, due to the slurr of his words. With shaking hands, he took another long swing from the bottle he held. He felt the last drop roll down his tongue, and he cursed. [Silver Chariot] appeared and sliced the glass bottle as he threw it effectively, making rhe hotel room floor even more of a mess. Across the room, on his own bed was Kakyoin. Polnareff glanced over. He narrowed his eyes at the redhead, noticing that more bottlers surrounded the teenager than him. He was being put drank by that asshole. The Japanese student tossed off his shoes, throwing one of them at his companion.

"Right back at you, bitch."he snarled out, all of his polite poise gone. This was the real Noriaki, a brash and sarcastic male who didn't care for others feelings. Jean grit his teeth. "Though, can you at least thank me for getting us these drinks?"

"I can not!" The white-haired man responded abruptly, not thinking about his answer. "Because you didn't get anything you stole them!"

Kakyoin growled, "So what? Stealing isn't the worst thing I've done."

"Oh,ho."Polneraff mocked, and a smirk flickered across his features. "And what bad things have you done? Mr.Honor Student."

The redhead shook his head, he flipped his single curled bang out of his face. It was starting to come-undone, just like the rest of his hair. It was honestly, a nice look. It gave him this rugged edge, with his soft curls beggining to bristle almost - as if he were an animal raising his hackles. Jean swallowed. There he went again - thinking strange thoughts. These odd thoughts had begun after he defeated J.Geli, after Kakyoin had saved his sorry behind. The man didn't quite know how to process them. It wasn't the fact that he seemed to have this growing attraction to the Japanese-male, it was the fact that he was attracted to a man. He tried, at first, to play it off. Noriaki's looks could be precieved as feminine. His brain may just be, confused. Yet, looking at him now - hair undone, check flushed with alcohol- a snarl upon his features, he was far from looking girly.

"...You weren't even listening were you?"fingers were snapping infront of his face, Polnareff jolted scattering his trian of thought. He blinked and stated dumbfounded at Noriaki, who seemed to have teleported infront of him. The ginger looked irritated, he had clearly been talking - and Jean, hadn't caught a word of it.

The French-man rubbed at his ear, "Sorry. What were you saying?"

He was promptly, flicked in the forehead for that. He rubbed at the spot, a deep pout set upon his features. The man's earlier fight began to give way to the drousy and fuzzy feeling running through him, as the alcohol set in. Kakyoin, seemed rather fine. He began to suspect drinking, was one of the things the male had done besides steal.
"You are such an idiot."Noriaki huffed, and a smile cracked his facade. "You would be dead without me. Actually: I think you'd forget your head was on your shoulders without me."

"Are you trying to imply,"Jean inquired riasing his brows - or the muscle at least, "That I'm reliant on you? Or do you just want me to be?"

A flush, that was not caused by the alcohol in his system spread rapidly across Kakyoin's face. He huffed and sputtered for a moment, before he lunged forwards. He grabbed Polnareff by the collar of his shirt and dragged the man with ease towards him. Jean was taken aback by the redhead strength once again. He would never cease to be amazed by how deciving the teenager's looks were.