Here, Batter, Batter!

Part: Stardust Crusaders

Triggers:
- KakJota (?) [Jotaro x Kakyoin] (minor)
- violence | anger (mention)
- modern au | no stands

Summary:
Jotaro is a star-baseball player at their school, and he made a strange friendship with his frenemy, Kakyoin the star of the theatre program...

Word-Count: 1,836
Published: January 31st, 2021
Status:  edited

|| I co-wrote this with Kakyoin_Kinnie and I mean cowrote some paragraphs I wrote and others they did so - go check them out. They have great works! ||
______________________________________
It was around early in the school day. Kakyoin was walking to school. He looked over to his side, a swarm of girls came running over to Jotaro. A classmate he hardly knew but knew more than everyone else. He already wanted the day to end, the only motivation for coming was for a school play that was done after school. 

There was yelling from the large group, most of it being done by Jotaro who was trying in vain to get the girls off of him. It amused Kakyoin to see it, the way the ever so stoic guy began to crumble because of a few little girls. He made the mistake of staring for a bit too long, and Jotaro noticed. The dark-haired male mumbled something, and he waved his hand seeming to gesture for the redhead's attention.

"Oi, Kakyoin-right? Why don't you help me chase these pests off. I have baseball gear I need to drop off before class,"he sighed. "C'mon! I'll do anything you ask afterwards- just, help."he had grit his teeth and hissed the last word. 

    Kakyoin looked over at him. He had nothing else to do, or anyone to socialize with. ‘Anything huh?’ Kakyoin eagerly grabbed one of Jotaros bags. The girls gave him room and backed off a bit. They all looked at each other confused. “Where do you place your things at?”

        "Just drop them off at the gym. I'll handle it from there." Jotaro paused for a moment, seeming surprised, he hadn't expected the redhead to actually help him. He chuckled and allowed his classmate to carry all of his bags. He stuffed his hands into his pockets scaring away any remaining girls.

 "You know, I always took you as the asshole type. The 'every-man for himself' kind of guy, you know?"he spoke, as if he wasn't being invertedly rude. "Why are you helping me out?"

   A smirk played across the other's face, "Well: it's a win-lose situation. And I am getting the win."he spun around walking backwards for a minute. "You are on the losing end. Because now you owe, Noriaki Kakyoin, a favor."

  A sinking dread hit Jotaro: he had just made a fatal mistake. 

    “And just what is this ‘favor’ of yours?”  Kakyoin grinned a bit. “The drama club could use a member. We are a member short for a play that we plan on doing. We try to not make one person play two parts, it gets rather,” Kakyoin paused. 

“Hectic. The auditions start tomorrow right after school. Be there.” Kakyoin looked over at Jotaro for a reaction. 

  The color drained from his face. One could see his shoulders rolling back and tensing coiling up like springs. His hands clenched into fists. Him? The star baseball player in the region, at an audition for a play? He clenched his jaw. He could: realistically, just, back out of his word. Yet, he was not that kind of man. Damn my morals.

  "Fine."he spat out and he took his bags away from the ginger, he threw them to the floor in front of the gym. "I'll try out for your stupid show, tinkle-toes. And I,"he smirked. "I will get the leading role."