The Line Between Love and Lust

Part: Stardust Crusaders

Triggers:
-KakJota [Jotaro x Kakyoin] (implied)
-JotMar [Jotaro x Marina] (implied)
    >not a couple, a one off-thing
- Omega-verse | suggestive themes
- (minor) NSFW (?)
   > no smut but its heavily implied
- gore | violence | general angst

Summary:
Mating season, has once again come to ruin Jotaro's life - an omega in denial, but this year he may finally be able to win his crushes heart...

Word-Count: 4,900
Published: January 23rd, 2021
Status: minorly-edited

|| I really wanted to explore the applications of an omega-verse in the real world, like how it would effect people socially ect. and I got a bit...carried away. because honestly while they're usally only used for only yaoi/smut purposes its a fascinating concept ||
______________________________________

He bounced his leg, up and down repeatedly unable to calm his nerves. It was a normal procedure. When boys and girls hit puberty, they would be brought to the doctors - and get their blood drawn. That blood would be run through some nifty machines and they would be given a role. The doctor would then advise the parent and child what to do about their role and how puberty would effect them. Holly glanced at her son, and she placed a hand in his shoulder. She had been just a nervous her first time.

"It will be alright Jotaro. No matter what role you have, I'll always love you."she gave the boy a smile, and he nodded his head, staring at the ground. When he heard his name called, he shuffled his feet as he made his way into the tiny room. His blonde mother sat down nearby ,giving him a thumbs up. Jotaro didn't pay any attention to what was happening, his heart-beat roaring in his chest.

The result came back. The doctor had a pitiful look across his face. Holly stood up, and her eyes reflected the professional's worry. She had her worst fear realized. Jotaro finally looked up feeling tension in the air sink down around him.

"So - what am I?"he asked, and ths doctor sighed.

"You're an omega."

The dark-haired boy stared. Even though he was young, he could feel dread sinking in. Omegas were taken advantage of by everyone. Men and women alike. They were treated like a lesser species by a majority of the population. Treated like simply tools that could be thrown away after an alpha or beta was bored of them. Holly swallowed, and she noticed the panic settling into her son's eyes. It broke her heart to see the tears that began to run down his face. He was so young, and yet, he already understood the hell that awaited him in life.

The woman knelt down and pulled her son into a tight hug, and the doctor shook their head sadly. It wouldn't be the last time they'd see this. Parents holding their children as they shook - fearing the future. Jotaro stared at his shoes. He was doomed. Cursed. There had never been an omega in his family. Not even his mother. He felt like a disgrace to their name. Their linage if alphas and beta's was broken. He had ruined the family line.

This was all, of course, irrational thinking. No-one could control who they were. Yet, Jotaro made a vow that day - that no one would know the truth. He would grow strong. So strong, that not one person would question his lie of a being an alpha. He would push everyone away. Jotaro would keep himself safe from a world that only wished to use him. That fourteen-year-old boy believed he would keep that promise, for his whole life.

And then, he met Kakyoin.
╙ ↘ ◈ ╰☆╮ ◈ ↙╜
A large banner hung across the school building, letters written in pink and hearts decorating all around. Jotaro, now seventeen, huffed and he sucked in a deep breath pulling nicotine from the ciggerate that hung from his lips. Beside him, was his only friend, Noriaki Kakyoin. They had become friends last year, after Kakyoin had helped the dilenquent fend off muggers. He was a redhead, who stood only a few inches shoter than the Joestar beside him. Jotaro tried not to stare as they walked.