To Save a Stray

Pairing: KakJota [Kakyoin x Jotaro] (minor)
Part: Half-Breed AU - Modern World

Summary:
Noriaki lives in a world where people born with animal triats, are treated as sub human. Walking home one day, he decides to try and save a life...

Content Warning:
- cat-neko! Jotaro
- physcial/sexual abuse | rape
(all mentioned not depicted)
- human trafficking | discrimination
- general angst | hatred of the world
- sexual themes

Published: June, 1st 2021
Word - Count: 3,133
Status: lightly edited

° ahaha you all expected this to be horny/fluff but it was I, angst!
° this is hurt/comfort it's not all angst -
______________________________________
50 years ago: a baby was born with a tial.

Now: there are thousands of people just like that baby, all with animal traits - most commonly, it's the ears & tial (or equivalents depending on the species, like wings for birds) but varieties exist. You can get something as noticeable as tusks or something as small as the eyes of an animal.

The visibility and amount of the animal traits you have - doesn't matter. You're, a half-breed no matter how small the trait.

Which means: you are the lowest, of the low.

[-----]

He hated going down this street, but, he had no choice: this was the neighborhood he lived in. A soft drizzle was coming down from the sky, the dark blanket of cloud coverage foretold heavier rain was coming - and this was just the beginning. Noriaki sighed deeply as he held his coat over his head not caring if the rest of him got wet - he just couldn't risk getting his hair wet. It had taken him hours to do, and he was not about to lose all of that work to mother nature. He kept his gaze to the ground, ignoring what was happening around him.

He did make the mistake of glancing up , just in time to catch the half-breed auction in full swing. Everyday he walked through here - as it was the only street that lead directly to his house. It was more dangerous to travel through the smaller streets than it was to pass through this hell-hole. Kakyoin readjusted his jacket again - trying to tear his eyes away from the scene.

Today was worse than usual. Due to the rain, the poor people were forced, half-naked, to stand up on a podium: without the slightest thing to keep them from the weather. People would walk around and gawk at them, pull at thier animal traits - and even poke or prod. Then, the poor half-breed would be sold off to the highest bidder: and they don't do background checks. Kakyoin had seen it only a few times: he avoided looking up.

Bile rose up his throat, as he watched a male-cat be dragged up to the podium. He was surprisingly - healthy. The redhead started to feel nauseous that meant he would sell for more. He was a man taller than Kakyoin himself, but older it seemed. He was lean, and he twisted against his captors grasp - almost breaking free before receiving a sharp shock: they wore electric collars. His dark hair was free of grease, and grim. As the male was forced onto the center of the podium, he glared at the crowd around him, his spirit seemingly unshakable.

Noriaki moved before he could fully recognize what he was doing. The police wouldn't come if they were called. Nobody, was going to save these people. If he could just save one - show one of them thay kindness still existed in this world, maybe his mostly meaningless life, will turn into something grander. He could change this man's life. All he had to do, was outbid the others. He aggressively took an auctioning paddle.

He had a good amount of money in his savings, he could outbid these lowlifes. He hardly paid much attention to the price, he simply: kept raising his paddle anytime someone outbid him. He didn't care if he ended up in debt because of this - he didn't care, if he ended up oweing these people a million dollars. He was tired of just, sitting around watching this kind of thing happen over and over. He wasn't sure where this sudden courage came from - or confidence: but there he was receiving glares from the outbid criminals. Perhaps, after seeing the cat half-breed's defiance - it had sparked something in him too.