A Lingering Shadow

Part: Diamond is Unbreakable (?)

Triggers:
-JotaMar [Jotaro x (his wife)] (established)
-JotaKak [Jotaro x Kakyoin] (implied)
- ghost!kakyoin | ghost stuff | horror
- gore | violence
-regret | fear | questioning of sanity

Summary:
Jotaro Kujo has made a new life for himself. He has a wonderful wife, and a lovely, newborn daughter. Yet, as he moves into his new house he notices that, something may have followed him home...

Word-Count: 2,644

Published: December 21st, 2020

Status:  un-edited

//I call Jotaro'a wife "Marina" cause I actually think it a pretty name so fight me later for being uncreative //
______________________________________

Opening the door the man was greeted with a welcome sight, no longer was their new home white and bare. It was now filled with the comforts of his identity, but not, only his. It was still going to take the man some getting used to the highly personalized style of his wife. He walked down the hallway straightening any picture frames that were crooked with a smile. He slipped off his coat in the foyer, hanging it on a hook. Marina was standing on the kitchen putting up glasses carefully. She smiled at her husband.

"Jotaro!"she called cheerfully, "Its starting to look le home now, isn't it?"

"You've been a busy bee."the dark-haired man responded. He gave the woman a gentle kiss on the lips, glancing around. "It looks wonderful. How's my little girl?"

Marina rolled her eyes, "She's a newborn JoJo, she is asleep right now. You know, Jolyne doesn't cry much. I think she'll end up all quiet and stoic like you."

"Really?" He grabbed a few glasses out of the boxers. Hw wasn't all that tired from workz it had been orientation day, the vetern scientists simply and explained how the research facility worked and gave them a tour. "I think she'll be more like you. Loud and obnoxious."

The man laughed as he was slapped with a dishwasher, Marina huffed. "Watch yourself, I will make you sleep on the couch."

"You know you wouldn't..."Jotaro smiled softly and he wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling into her neck. The American huffed and she pushed her husband off of her.

"Go unpack your office! I haven't touched it, because I know how picky you are about where things go."

The Joestar nodded and he walked over to his office. He opened the door and froze. It was already unpacked, the boxes and paper that had been stuffed inside of them was everywhere. The man suffered a litrle glancing back towards the kitchen, Marina had said she hadn't unpacked it yet: perhaps she forgot? Jotaro walked inside and went to move things around, bus stopped as another feeling of dread came over him.  Everything was - perfect. It looked exactly the same way his office/dorm had back in college. Even the picture of the Crusaders was sitting the exact same spot. Slowly approaching the desk feeling chills run up his spine. He reached outwards and grasped the photo.

There was a handprint on it. Smaller than his own, but too large to be Marina's. He dusted it off, staring at the photo. Nothing was off about it. It was the same old photo with the same old people. He sighed nostalgically. Jotaro set it back down, and began to collect boxes.

He came out of the room tossing them out.Marina stared st him, amazed.

"Done already?"she seemed bewildered, "And you called me a busy bee!"

"No, the office was unpacked. Exactly how I like it- thank you for the suprise."he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, as he tossed a few boxes away into the large trash-bag they had. The woman looked startled.