Mashiro × reader: Songwriting

[This was requested by KhairulHafiz2.]

(Y/n pov)

Today, I'm working at live house CiRCLE. I started working here because of a certain band- no, not band. But, a certain person.

My thoughts were distracted by the sound of the door opening I looked at the door and it was Morfonica. I have been friends with all of them for a while now, the only exception is Mashiro, their vocalist as we're childhood friends. The person I'm talking about is indeed Mashiro. Mashiro is the sole reason why I work here.

~flashback~

A newly formed band called "Morfonica" has asked me, a very close friend of theirs if I know any places on where they could perform live.

Touko: So, Y/n-kun do you know any places?

Y/n: I know one! It goes by the name "live house CiRCLE" and it's nearby.

Mashiro: W- we know about that place... I went there and saw five bands perform.

Y/n: Oh, Marina-san, the manager is actually a close relative of mine. After classes, I'll go with you guys there.

Morfonica: Sure!

~timeskip to after classes~

After classes, we went to live house CiRCLE. I opened the door and waved at Marina-san.

Y/n: Marina-san! I've got a band here!

Marina: Hello Y/n! Who may you girls be?

Tsukushi: We are Morfonica! I'm Tsukushi Futaba, the drummer and leader.

Rui: Rui Yashio, Violin.

Touko: Touko Kirigaya, on the guitar!

Nanami: Nanami Hiromachi~ bass~

Mashiro: Ma- Mashiro! Vocalist!

Y/n: You see, they're finding a live house to practice in if they can't practice in their regular spot. They're also hoping if they can perform live here.

Marina: Well, of course they can! We are actually looking for more bands right now. So what do you say?

I looked at the Morfonica girls that all seemed to be happy, except Mashiro.

Y/n: Mashiro? Why the long face?

Mashiro: I- I'm nervous...

Y/n: Don't be. I'll be here, Morfonica will be here, even Marina-san will be here. I'll support all yout future concerts and performances. Actually, I've been planning this but Marina-san, are you still looking for employees?

Marina: Yep!

Y/n: Alright, sign me in!

The girls looked at me with shock.

Y/n: What? It means I get to watch the lives free, right?

Marina: Welcome to the club, Y/n! And Morfonica, I hope you guys enjoy it here!

Morfonica: Yes!

~flashback end~

Again my thoughts were distracted but this time it was one Touko waving her hand in front of my face.

Y/n: Touko, could you stop?

Touko: Sorry, we just thought you were dozing off.

Y/n: So I take it you're here for practice.

Tsukushi: Yup!

Y/n: Alright, the first studio is free. You guys can now start immediately.

Mashiro: Thanks, Y/n...

Y/n: No problem.

The girls then went to the studio as Marina-san walked up to me.

Marina: They sure haved changed, huh?

Y/n: They did.

Marina: How about you? Did you change?

Y/n: You see, I live my life like an anime protagonist.

Marina: And that means?

Y/n: I also don't know what it means. But, I know I am one anime protagonist.

Marina: Whatever you say.

~few days later~

I was at the counter waiting for anyone to come inside as the door opened.

Y/n: Hello, Mashiro.

I said with a smile.

Mashiro: Hello, I'm here to just sit down and write lyrics...

Y/n: Ah, so that's why you're alone.

Mashiro then sat down at a seat with a table. As for me, I readied a cup of tea and a piece of cake. I went to her with the tea and cake.

Y/n: Here, it's on the house so don't worry.

Mashiro: Ah, thanks. Care to sit with me?

Y/n: Sure.

I followed suit and sat down.

Y/n: So, how's the songwriting going?

Mashiro: Going fine... This is for our next live.

Y/n: I see... I'm gonna take a nap for a bit. Talking to you may just disturb you.

Mashiro: Sure.

I closed my eyes and took a nap.

Zzz...

...

...

...

I woke up and... Why is there something heavy on my shoulders? I opened my eyes and saw Mashiro, also sleeping while leaning on my shoulder.

Y/n: Mashiro, wake up.

I patted her head as she soon opened her eyes.

Mashiro: Ah! I'm sorry, Y/n!

She said, blushing red.

Y/n: It's fine. I would let you stay in that position but it's almost the end of my shift. Wanna walk home together? Just like old times.

Mashiro: Su- sure!

We both stood up as I got my stuff.

Y/n: Bye, Marina-san!

I shouted as she's out of sight. We exited the building and started walking home. It was a fairly short trip. There would be a point where we'd separate ways though.

Mashiro: Well, this is it. Where our roads separate.

Y/n: Yeah, see you to-

All of the sudden, Mashiro kissed me on the lips. I gave in and kissed her back. After a few seconds, we broke from the kiss.

Y/n: Ma- Mashiro...

Mashiro: G- gotta go now! Bye, Y/n!

She said as she ran as fast as she could. She left me there, all confused. What could her kiss mean? Does she have feelings for me? I don't know. But if she does, I'm happy to say that the feeling is mutual.

~END~