Himari × cold! reader: Playground Of Love

[This one-shot was longer than expected. I planned this to be one of my shorter works.]

(Himari pov)

Me and Afterglow are eating lunch here at the rooftop of Haneoka. We were just chatting and are almost done. After a few minutes, We were done eating.

Ran: Let's go?

Moca: Yeah~

Tsugumi: Yup!

Tomoe: Class is about to begin in a few minutes.

Himari: I'll come down later.

They were all shocked at what I said.

Himari: What?

Ran: Why are you staying here?

Moca: She's probably staying because of Y/n right over there.

Moca said as he pointed Y/n, who was in the other side of the rooftop and is also a classmate of ours. Y/n was looking at the sky while he rests his arms on the rails. Y/n has always been cold to many, not just students but is also cold towards teachers and seniors that they actually are intimidated by him. Y/n truly is a mystery.

Tomoe: Is that so? Seems that you like him.

Tsugumi: Wow, I learned many things today...

Whilst it is true that I am gonna stay behind because of Y/n...

Himari: Just go already. I'll go to class shortly.

Ran: If you say so.

They said their goodbyes and left the rooftop, leaving me and Y/n alone.

I walked closer to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and looked at me blankly. The atmosphere was so cold, as he crossed his arms signaling me to speak.

Himari: H- hi!

"Hi" was the only thing I could say...

Y/n: Hello.

Himari: Would you like to hangout later?

Y/n: Where?

Himari: How about we buy bread and stay at the playground.

Y/n: Playground? And wouldn't you rather be with your friends?

Himari: I already excused myself...

(Y/n pov)

She said in a way that could persuade anyone...

Y/n: Sure. Class is gonna start.

I held her hand as we both went to the classroom. We entered the room holding hands. We earned a lot of stares, I didn't get what that meant but I looked at Himari who was all red and at the same time broke from the hold as she went to her seat, all embarrassed. I just went to my seat normally.

~After class~

Me and Himari went to the Yamabuki Bakery, bought bread, and went straight to the playground nearby. We sat at the bench as we started eating the bread we bought.

Himari: The bread there is tasty as ever! What do you think, Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah, it is.

Himari: Can't you have a better reaction?

Y/n: How?

Himari: Can you smile for once?

Y/n: Fine...

I tried my best to give a smile.

Y/n: The bread was good.

Himari: See! You look more handsome when you smile.