Tsugumi × reader: Cake And Coffee For Two

(Y/n pov)

I was going home from school after a lomg day of school until, that is, my stomach grumbled. I walked downtown to find someplace to eat.

Y/n: Yamabuki bakery? I love their bread but not in the mood for bread today.

Y/n: Kitazawa meatshop? I remembered eating there and this orange-haired girl gave me a big bag of croquettes for free.

Y/n: Hazawa cafe? Come to think of it, I've never been here before... Well, I guess cake and coffee wouldn't hurt.

I said as I entered and was greeted by a brown-haired girl.

Tsugumi: Welcome to Hazawa cafe!

Y/n: Tsugu?

Tsugumi: Oh, it's you Y/n!

Tsugumi is a classmate of mine, we don't talk that much in school so yeah...

Y/n: You work here?

Tsugumi: Didn't you notice the name of the cafe?

Y/n: Hazawa... Oh yeah! It's your last name.

Tsugumi: Well, what do you like to order?

Y/n: I'll have a chocolate cake and coffee.

Tsugumi: Take a seat and I'll prepare your order.

I went to my seat and I noticed there aren't any customers around...

Y/n: Tsugu!

Tsugumi rushed to me and...

Tsugumi: Something wrong? Additional orders?

Y/n: Yeah, instead of one piece of cake and coffee make it two.

Tsugumi: Got it.

Tsugumi then went back to their kitchen... A few minutes and Tsugumi came back with my order.

Y/n: Tsugu, take this one cake and coffee.

Tsugumi: What? But it's your order and I'm still on my shift.

Y/n: There aren't any people around. C'mon, just think of it as a treat...

Tsugumi: Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt...

She sat down as we started eating at talking about events at school and stuff.

Y/n: Well, gotta go now!

Tsugumi: Bye, Y/n!

Y/n: Goodbye!

I said as I walked out the door and went back home.

(Tsugumi pov)

What just happened? Was that a date? Y/n, my crush literally did that.

Tsugumi: Y/n, you made me more in love with you.

Suddenly, my mom walked to me.

Tsugumi's mom: So that's who Y/n is... You got yourself a nice man to be a crush, Tsugumi.

Tsugumi: Mom, stop it.

Tsugumi's mom: He just asked you to eat with him and he doesn't even know he likes you, what a keeper. If I were you, I'd ask him out.

Tsugumi: I guess, thanks for the seal of approval?

~A week later~

Y/n comes to the cafe almost daily now and I plan on asking him out. Someone opened the door and revealed to be Y/n!

Y/n: Good afternoon, Tsugumi. I'll have the usual.

Tsugumi: Got it!

I then went to the counter and with the napkin I wrote "Will you go out with me? <3"

Tsugumi: Ok, you got this.

I walked to him and gave his order... As I was watching him... I saw him smile when he looked at the napkin and was writing something back. After that, he started eating and left when he was finished.

I walked up to his table and I saw that he wrote...

"Sure, I'd love to. <3" he said with also him writing his number. I immediately went to my room and called him on the phone...

(Y/n pov)

I was walking back home when...

*RING*

Y/n: Hmmm? Unknown number?

I accepted the call and spoke.

Y/n: Hello? Who is this?

Tsugumi: This is Tsugumi, Y/n.

Y/n: Ahh yes... How about I pick you up there at the cafe about 9 in the morning.

Tsugumi: Sure... But do you actually like me, Y/n?

Y/n: Let's save the confession part for tomorrow but since you asked... I like you.

Tsugumi: Huh- I like you too!

Y/n: I know, you wouldn't ask me out if you didn't like me in the first place.

Tsugumi: Yeah...

Y/n: Well, I'll see you tomorrow!

Tsugumi: Bye, Y/n!

Y/n: Goodbye!

I guess, I have a girlfriend now... And I'm glad it's Tsugumi.

~END~