Yuri Ushigome × reader: Untold Farewells

[This is one of my longest works ever. Shows how short my works are , to be honest.]

(Y/n pov)

: Y/n-senpai!

I turned around to see Aya and Kanon, two juniors of mine waving their hands at me while walking towards me. After they reached me...

Y/n: What can I do for you both?

Aya: Y/n-senpai, Hanasakigawa's school festival is tomorrow!

Kanon: W- wanna come with us?

I'm in my second year of college while Aya and Kanon are in their first year of college.

Y/n: I don't see why not.

Kanon and Aya: Yay!!! Well, we'll see you there, Y/n-senpai!

Y/n: Sure, sure!

They then said their farewells while I continued what I was doing.

~The next day~

I was walking to the school as I met up with Aya and Kanon. We went to the school together and watched some bands performed, it was mainly a band called Poppin'Party. I personally know one of their members, Rimi Ushigome, the band's bassist. Rimi is a pretty shy girl but she's very caring and loves choco cornets. Poppin'Party was done performing as I decided to walk around the campus... That is, until I saw her... No, not Rimi... Yuri, her older sister that was also my classmate when we were at high school.

Y/n: So you're back, huh?

Yuri: Only for a few days...

Y/n: How's school overseas?

Yuri: It's fine... Wanna go out tomorrow?

Y/n: Could we not pretend that nothing happened between us?

Yuri: What do you mean?

Y/n: You left with no goodbyes whatsoever.

~Flashback~

I was heading to the Ushigome residence to meet my one and only girlfriend, Yuri. I knocked on the door as it immediately open revealing Rimi, Yuri's younger sister.

Y/n: Hello, Rimi-chan! Where's your sister?

Rimi: Uhm...

Suddenly, Rimi and Yuri's parents showed up.

Rimi's father: Ah, Y/n-kun... Why won't you come in and sit down?

I then entered and sat down on the couch... Then they said something that shocked me. Yuri left and studied overseas. I'm ok with her studying overseas but why didn't she tell me? Why? Just why?

Y/n: I- I'm sorry but I have to go...

I rushed outside and went back home immediately... I never knee it was gonna turn out like this... Yuri, just why?

~Flashback end~

Yuri: I- I'm sorry... It wasn't supposed to be like that.

Y/n: Don't you think that a sorry is not enough?

Yuri: I know, it isn't. But could we let go of each other now? It's been 2 years... I just didn't want you to feel lonely back then. I wanted to break up with you but I never had the chance... I left you clueless. I know it's my fault. I didn't want you to feel lonely in a long-distance relationship so that's why I wanted to break up but I never got the chance like what I said...

Yuri started crying so I decided to talk.

Y/n: Remember what you said earlier? Let's hang out tomorrow... A dinner date.

Yuri: Huh? If it would make you forgive me.

Y/n: You know the restaurant we often go to? Go there at 7 pm. I'll wait for you.

I said as I walked away and went home... I was just sleepy so I decided to go home.

~The next day~

I arrived at the restaurant as I waited for Yuri. After a few minutes, Yuri arrived and she's so beautiful at what she wore...

Yuri: H- hello, Y/n. Shall we go in?

I was brought back to reality by Yuri as I complied and went inside the restaurant.

We ordered the food we wanted as we started to chat about usual topics... A few minutes later, our food arrived. The atmosphere was akward but I remember good memories nonetheless.

~Flashback~

Yuri: Y/n!

I was woken up by Yuri as I fell asleep in the library.

Y/n: Huh? Oh, what is it?

Yuri: You fell asleep again! Our live concert is near, here's a ticket.

Yuri said as she gave me a ticket.

Yuri: Be sure to support us!

She said with a smile.

Y/n: Of course, I really need to study for the exam...

Yuri: Let me help you with that.

~Another flashback~

Y/n: Roses for you, m'lady.

I said as I gave her a bouquet of roses.

Yuri: Wow, you really exerted effort for Valentine's day.

Y/n: Why wouldn't I? A princess like you deserves this.

Yuri: Oh, shut it. I love you.

Y/n: I love you too.

I said as I kissed her on the cheek

~Flashback end~

I never realized that while I was dreaming, I ate my food while Yuri was also finished with hers. I was busy dreaming, I never concentrated on the actual date.

I paid the bill cause I offered to and went out of the restaurant. I guess this is it...

Yuri: Goodbye now, Y/n.

Y/n: Wait, I'll walk you home.

Yuri: S- sure...

I walked her home and time went quickly that we immediately got there.

Yuri: Goodbye, Y/n.

I suddenly kissed her on the lips, I never knew what went through me but I enjoyed it.

Yuri: What was that for?

She said blushing...

Y/n: Last night, I never wanted your apologies... I was fine with it... But I just want us to get together again. I love you, Yuri. For the 2 years that passed, I still love you.

Yuri: I love you too.

She said as she kissed me.

Y/n: So, are we a thing again?

Yuri: Yes... But I'll leave in a few days...

Y/n: That doesn't matter when it comes to love.

~A few days later~

Today's the day that Yuri is leaving...

Y/n: I guess this is it...

Yuri: Don't be sad, I'll come back in a few months...

Y/n: Promise?

Yuri: Promise! I'll text and call you daily!

Suddenly, the speaker said the last call for Yuri's flight.

Y/n: Goodbye, I love you.

Yuri: Goodbye, Y/n. I love you too.

She kissed me on the cheek as she started running and waved goodbye.

~END~