The First Chance

"KPOP Dance competition, Central hall, 2pm, winner gets a trip to South Korea! Good luck!"
I read out loud off of the printed poster on a shop window. "You have to go" Lauren said, munching on her donut, arms bangled with numerous shopping bags. "Yeah" Holly agreed, "and you finally get to go and see yo' boyfriend~" she teased, poking my sides. I pulled away blushing. "He's not my boyfriend" I said trying to contain my smile. "Yet" Lauren added as she giggled. "Yeah... has he not confessed to you yet? What's up with that?" Holly added. I stared at the poster for a few more seconds. "Come on, let's go." I said changing the subject. "Im bored of shopping, plus, I need to go home and practice my routine don't i?" I said winking at the pair.

I rehearsed for hours and hours in my room that night. I had just finished the last move for "Boy In Luv" as I turned my speaker off. I sat down on my bed trying to catch my breath, I wiped my forehead free of sweat and fanned myself. "Okay, I NEED to win after this much effort" I thought to myself. Just at that moment my phone buzzed. I groaned as lazily reached over and grabbed it from my bedside table. I read the screen, it was a text from him. I smiled to myself as I swiped the text open. "So when were you gunna tell me about this competition then? ;)" It read.

"How did you know?" - Jordan

"Oh a little birdy told me... What do you mean how do I know? Who do you think set it up?" - Jimin

"You didn't." -Jordan

"Mmhm!~ I know you're gunna win so..." - Jimin

"Jimin! You don't know that! Oh my god I can't believe you've done this without telling me!" - Jordan

"What? Why? Why are you mad? I thought you'd want to see me :( ... I want to see you..." -Jimin

I paused as butterflies started to form in my stomach. My thumbs done that dance again.

"I do want to see you, obviously i do, It's just...this is cheating 😂" - Jordan

"How is it cheating? My jagia's just good at dancing... I see no cheating." - Jimin

"Yeah well 'your jagia' is now worried she won't win, and if she doesn't, she won't be visiting you." - Jordan

"I know you'll win, okay I have to go bye ❤️~" - Jimin

I threw my phone on my pillow and sighed in defeat. "This pabo" I thought to myself.

*Day of the competition*

*Holly's POV*

Me and Lauren arrived at Jordan's house for lunch, but for some odd reason she didn't eat much. "Eat" i commanded, staring at her from across the dining table. "No i'm not that hungry" she said tapping her foot agitatedly. "Why" I asked in annoyance. "I don't know, nerves I guess." She replied eyes still fixed on the TV. "You need to eat to perform well." I said pushing my sandwich towards her. "I don't, I can go without, I have water it's cool." She simply replied. I sighed and looked at Lauren. I've never seen her so nervous, even when she was at the BTS class, it was never this bad.

*Jordan's POV*

"Guys im fine, honestly." I smiled reassuringly at the worried girls. "Can we just go now please" I said making my way towards the door. "I breathed out heavily as I rested my head on inside of the front door waiting for the pair. I heard holly grab her car keys and I quickly opened the door and fled the house sharply.

The whole journey to the venue Was pretty silent and nerve wrecking. I was reciting the moves in my head over and over. To try and occupy myself.

We entered the echoing hall.
It. Was. Packed.
I felt the pressure crumble down on me like a ton of bricks. "I can't believe this. I wish I didn't know that he set this up. That way, I wouldn't be this nervous." I admitted to the girls. "I feel like I need to win now because otherwise I can't see him." I sighed as I sat down in the little space available. The pair followed after and sat down in front of me. "Jordan" Holly said taking my arm. "No" I said not looking up, tears forming in my eyes. "You'll be fine, please, you'll smash this and you'll go and visit the boys. Don't panic now otherwise it'l put you off. Just use it as motivation to win." She reassured. I wiped my eyes and looked up. "Okay." I half smiled as my bestfriend pulled me in for a hug. The lights went down and spot lights appeared, on the wooden floor. The judges came out and took their place at their long table. I swallowed the dry lump in my throat as I prepared myself.

I didn't really pay attention to the other dancers, I was too busy twiddling my thumbs, literally. Most of them were in groups or duos, i was doing a solo, of a group dance, there is no way that I can pull this off. "Next up, can we please have Jordan Thomas." I was too deep into my own thoughts to even acknowledge that they had called my name. "Jordan" Lauren whispered. I whipped my head into her direction as I saw everyone starring at me. "Oh right, um" I stuttered as I got up and made my way into the spot light. You could hear a drop of a pin in this piercing silence. A few people coughed. I felt my knees start to give way as I stood their awkwardly waiting for the music. Luckily, the intro came on just in time and I drifted away into the memorised routine.

Claps and cheers filled the hall as I came back to reality, out of breath. I looked over at the judges table, all in a standing ovation. I realised I had finished and I bowed politely as I swiftly walked back to Holly and Lauren before I embarrassed myself. "You did amazing!" Lauren congratulated. "I told you!" Holly added. "Thanks guys" I replied unsure, still confused of what just happened and how I did. I tried to calm my hitched breath as I noticed everyone was still staring at me and I started to feel self conscious and insecure.

We finished watching the few remaining performers. "Did anyone else get a standing ovation?" I asked concerned. "NOPE." Holly said popping the 'p' smiling brightly. I looked back up as the judges started to speak through the microphone. "Thank you to all the contestants who took part today, this hall is full with talent. But im afraid that there can only be one winner, and one winner only, and I am proud to say that the winner is... Jordan Thomas!"

Everyone stared at me and the hall filled with claps. I didn't really react or know how to for a solid 3 seconds. Holly pushed me up to go and receive my prizes. I stumbled slightly as I made my way up, forcing a smile as I shook one of the judges hands as they handed me a trophy, an envelope and a bunch of flowers. I looked confused at the flowers but thanked them anyway.

Everyone left pretty sharply. We stepped outside into the harsh winter air. "YOU WON YOU WON YOU WON!" Lauren screamed hugging me. It finally sunk in and I was speechless, but my smile said it all. Holly took my envelope and trophy as we walked to the taxi. "What's with the flowers?" Holly asked, i could see her breath in the cold. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, must just be a nice gesture."

I took my prizes off of Holly and said my goodbyes. "How was it?" My mum asked. "Guess I don't even need to ask." She said laughing. She enveloped me into a hug as she congratulated me. "Im going to miss you for a month" she said. "Don't worry, I don't leave until next week." I left her and I smiled as I went upstairs. I quickly got changed before I put my new winning trophy next to my other rewards. I sat down and opened the envelope, containing my one plane ticket to Seoul. I smiled for a while just staring at it. I wiped my tears and grabbed my phone to text Jimin. As I reached over, I knocked the flowers off of my bed. The bunch of pale pink and yellow petals plummeted to the floor as a little white card dropped out. Confused, I picked it up and flipped it around as the words read "i told you you'd win ♡ ".

AUTHORS NOTE:
so I hope you guys are liking the story so far, if so, please vote, comment and add it to your library if you want!
-Jordan ♡