Listen To Me

I shoved my hands deep into my jacket pockets and walked down the cold path. I really shouldn't have shouted at the boys like that, I mean, they're stressed and tired, and i disrespected them. In their own house. I sighed as I watched my breath trail away in the crisp air.

I took my phone out and leant against a brick wall. I dialled Jimin's number. The ring went on for a few seconds then stopped, Indicating someone had picked up. "Jimin? Where are you?" I asked, a worried tone to my voice. "Not at the studio. So you'll be happy to hear that." He replied bluntly. "Im sorry." I sighed. "It's just-" I sighed again. "You need to understand that you're doing everything you can regarding the rehearsals. You've got it all. And you know you have? This isn't even about rehearsals anymore. I've seen you. I know you. And you need to please stop comparing yourself to the others and stop trying to change everything about you because you want to be your definition of 'perfect'." I breathed down the phone. There was a long silence before I heard muffled sniffles. "Baby, come on, where are you?" I asked wiping away my own tears. "By the beach... I got a taxi..." He replied. "Can you please get a taxi back and meet me somewhere as I can't exactly get to you. I can't order a taxi in a language i can hardly speak." I said laughing slightly. "I'll order you one. Where are you?" He asked. "By our coffee shop." I said twiddling my hair with my free hand. "Okay, stay put." He replied before putting the phone down.

The taxi journey was quicker than it seemed. Thank god. It was 4 am and even though I had spoken to him, my heart beat was still out of sync. I was still worried about him. And I knew I would be until I was safe, with him.

The taxi rolled up next to an old shabby beach cafe. I thanked and paid the taxi driver as I started walking down the steps, leading into the sea front. My vans touched the sand and it got all in my shoes. Fuck. I thought. I decided to take my vans off and just hold them.

The warm sand between my toes made me feel somewhat melancholy, but somewhat at ease. I watched the birds peacefully fly across the early rising sun as I breathed in the refreshing salt sea air.

I turned my head to notice Jimin a few feet away from me sitting on the sand. Knees up to his chest. I sighed as I walked over to him. I plopped my shoes down next to me and joined him on the sand. He stayed quiet. He didn't even look up.

"You know." He started. "I don't mean to upset you. Or the boys. It's the last thing I ever want. I just feel like I need to always try. I need to feel satisfied with myself. You know i was the last member to be added. One day I want to feel perfect. If that means working hard and under sleeping then so be it." He said monotone.

There was a silence. "You don't understand do you?" I started, holding my tears back. Sinking my toes deeper into the sand. "You already are." I said looking up at his side view. "You always say how me, the boys and the fans are the only things that matter." He cut me off. "I still stand by that-" "you're perfect to us. Ive lost count how many times we've told you. If we're the only thing that matters then who the fuck are you trying for? If what you're saying is true, you don't need to try. Ive never seen you make one mistake when dancing, so, that's covered. I loved the Jimin that ate regularly. The Jimin that actually had a good 8 hours sleep. The Jimin that had chubby cheeks." "So you don't love me anymore?" He asked, his voice cracking. "I didn't say that. I just want to see you happy again. What I meant was you looked so much more and was so much more happier. I don't know if it's because of me or..." "No." He said looking up at the waves. "It's not you. You..." He started, tears forming in his eyes as I watched him intensely. "You're everything." He said breaking down into his knees. I let my own tears fall as I laid my head on his shoulder and lightly stroked his back. Just hearing him cry made my heart sink into my stomach. "Please stop crying, I can't bare it. It breaks my heart." I said sniffling, ruffling the back of his hair. "Look at me." I said trying to wipe his cheeks. He looked up and I held his face. "You. Park Jimin. Are everything to me and I hate seeing you like this. Listen to the people around you. Just please, rest, eat well and sleep well. If you don't want to do it for you, do it for me." I said truthfully. He looked at me for a moment before wiping the remainder tear and kissing my lips passionately. I broke off. "I love you. And I won't ever stop. As long as you are eating well and taking care of yourself, I don't care. I just want you healthy." I admitted. He smiled weakly before kissing me again. "I don't deserve you." He said starting to cry again. "You deserve way better than me." I sighed laying my head back on his shoulder, looking up at the sunrise. "I just got lucky." I said taking his hand off of his knee and intwining our fingers. We stayed like that for a good few minutes, silently, contently.

"It's late." I said running my thumb over his. "It's actually pretty early." He chuckled, leaning his head against mine. "I don't want to go back." I admitted. "Me either." He said kissing my hand. "I need to apologise to the boys though." I sighed. "Why?" He asked confused. "I was pretty rude to them before I left... I snapped at them quite badly." I said, guilt hanging on my every word. "Don't worry about it, they're easy going. They'll take it as an in the moment thing, they know you didn't mean to." He reassured. "Come on, let's start to walk back anyway, we can sleep for the whole day and maybe go to the carnival later?" He suggested, smiling down at me. I lifted my head to meet his face. "Sounds great." I said before pecking his nose sweetly.

We walked across the beach for about 20 minutes, just messing about, splashing our feet in and out of the water. Laughter and happiness oozing out of us both.

He stumbled towards me and picked me up. He ran towards the water, threatening to throw me in. "Mr park don't you dare." I said holding onto him for dear life. He laughed as he let go of me. I stuck my tongue out at him before grabbing his hat and running off cheekily. He swore under his breath as he started to chase after me.

It was the first time in a few days I'd seen him actually let go. Seeing him like that made everything in my world better, more brighter.