Chapter 5 - Hopeless

First thing I did when I woke up the next morning is to check my phone and see if Alicia accepts my follow request but still not. How stupid of me, it's still early and I sent it late last night. I hope she won't find it creepy. Imagined I sent it past 10pm like what? I quickly get ready for school. I put on some dark blue jeans that has ripped on the knee and a white top that says 'Life happens, Coffee helps' in black print and a black and white sneaker. I had a fleece jacket as well just in case it gets chilly. My grandma won't let me go without eating breakfast so I need to make time as always.

I met April and Nikki by the locker. April is smiling too much to my liking, she eyes me teasingly. She kept texting last night and bugging me about Alicia, but I didn't reply. I rolled my eyes at her, Nikki is looking at the both of us, frown on her face. "What's up with you two?", Nikki asks.

April smiled evilly "Someone has a crush".

"Who?", Nikki asks. I gave April a glare.

"Come on Mavis it's just us", then she chuckled. "Are you going to tell her or should I?" she smiled mischievously.

"Later", I said and give Nikki a smile.

We head to our first period, I'm looking forward to seeing her. At the same time I feel conscious, did she check her IG and saw my request? For a moment I want to delete it but change my mind. I'm just trying to be friends with her anyway. Who am I kidding?

She's not here yet, I already claimed the same seat since last week and so is April who's sitting beside me. As well as Alicia's seat. I claimed it for her. The teacher doesn't seem to have any seating arrangement anyway. Then finally she came when class is about to start, she immediately sat in front of me but not before giving me a glance, a small smile on her lips. I feel butterflies and I sighed. Then I chuckled remembering last week.

Flashbacks

Alicia sat in front of me the other day and I'm wondering if she would again. Students start to come in but she's nowhere in sight figured since she's running late again, I decided to put my bag on the chair to save it for her. The bell rang signalling the start of class when she finally showed. My eyes darted towards her ignoring the look April is giving me. She saw me looking at her and for a moment our gaze met, she gave me a small smile and I can't help but smile widely. Gosh, I feel so happy. I can't, my heart beats faster. I immediately took my bag and she noticed it. She seems a bit hesitant whether to sit  in front of me or not but then decided to sit after all. I smiled successfully and wink at April who chuckled.

I feel courage in me, so I move closer to Alicia and whisper to her ear "I saved it for you" and gave her a friendly smile. She smelled so good I can't help but drink in her scent. I'm not sure but I think I saw her shivers. I flirted and I couldn't be more proud. I actually used to be confident, overconfident in fact to almost everything. But being confident towards the girl I'm crushing on is new to me but I can't help myself.

She glanced at me, blue eyes piercing mine as she mumbles "thanks". She then focused on class. I can't help but stares at her from time to time. April nudged me on my rib to keep my eyes on the board. I glare at her and she chuckled.

End of flashbacks

The bell rang and I don't know if I'll be relief or annoyed because it means I won't be seeing her until 4th period. She got up and as usual boys are flocking around her. She is so popular almost intimidating but I can't help but be one of them I want to throw myself in there as well I just stopped myself from making a fool out of me. I heard them asking her to a party this Friday. Sort of back to school party but 2 weeks later and she said she'll be there. I'm intrigue. I felt a nudged on my side it was April.