Epilogue

I nudge Ali to wake her as the flight attendant announces our landing. She stirred and sit up, she rest her head on my shoulder. I kissed her head then fasten her seatbelt and mine too. We are about to land to the Philippines.

I am so happy and excited as I will get to bring her to my home country. We are going to spend our summer here before school starts again. Funny though, for the Philippines, school is just about to start but for us we just graduated and about to spend our summer.

She look outside the window and tried to look down, she seems excited and I laugh. "I'm excited babe", she exclaim as she glance at me.

"We will have a lot of fun my love", it's been a week since we graduated and even before that I already planned this. I ask for her parents of course and since we're both eighteen now we can travel by ourselves. On my eighteenth birthday, my family flew from Philippines to Cali, it was quiet a party because being adult is a big deal for us, I even have eighteenth roses and eighteenth dance. I invited a lot of students from our school that I became close to.

And of course, Alicia is my eighteenth dance. It was a blast, and when graduation came I told my parents that there's no need to fly again as I will be coming home. My grandmother already went on ahead, she hesitate at first but then knowing that Ali is with me she finally agreed.

We landed at Philippine Airport and our family driver is waiting for us, this time we will stay at the Corinthians where our residential house is located. We will spend three days here before we starts travelling from province to province and of course I will show her all the beautiful beaches here in the country.

My mom welcomed us home, she already met Ali and she was smitten by her. Ali sure can charm my parents to my delight. My siblings are all here and were hugging us. My brother Elijah smiled at me wickedly as he hugged my girl. I frown at him. He finds Alicia very attractive but he knows that she's mine he just loves to mess with me.

Jenna was also there but as usual she kept her distance, now that I stared at her I notice that she's so skinny, and very pale. I hated her almost all my life but at the moment I can't helped but pity her. I glance at Ali, she's so busy talking to my siblings, even my mom joined their conversation. I'm glad that they really like her and I can see her comfortable around them.

I decided to walk towards Jenna who's making herself busy by checking the pots of flowers in the terrace. She must have felt my presence as she glance at me, surprised in her eyes. I took a deep breathe as I stared at her. I tried to find the hate that I usually feel for her but right now I couldn't. She looked outside and I decided to stand beside her with just a little distance.

"How are you?", I ask in a small voice.

She glance at me but I didn't look back, she seems hesitate to answer at first but answers anyway "I am better", she seems to want to say more but held herself.

"I hated you", I said while exhaling, I just feel like I want to let it out.

She looked down, fidgeting "I know", she kept silent for a while. "I don't know how to even begin to say sorry. I know I did some terrible things, lied about things. But I am, I am sorry. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I know it's too much to ask but-"

"I forgive you", I said stopping her. "But why did you do it? As I remember correctly I've been nice to you, showed you around the house. Showed you to my room", I'm not sure why I'm asking but for some reason I needed to know.

She looked down again, "I was jealous. You have a perfect life, perfect family and I don't. I don't know what came to me but it seems that all my frustrations in life, being sick, being alone made me feel bitter. Whenever I see you I feel like it's so unfair, that life is so unfair and I needed someone to blame. I'm so sorry", She said sobbing.