Chapter 7 - The good kind of weird

Alicia's POV

The first bell rang already and I'm still at the locker taking some books, the hallway is cleared of students but instead of panicking I just shrugged. I don't feel the need to rush, teachers don't make a big deal out of it anyway since I was still able to pass the subjects with above average grades. When I reach the room it's locked so I knocked. Tardy bell rang already a while ago.

Mr Gilbert opened the door and looked at me formally. I let myself in before he could say anything. I make my way to the chair I used to sat on. Not before glancing at the girl who sits behind me. She gave me a relief smile which amuses me. She seems relief that I came I smile to myself. I quickly look at the board and tried to focus on the teacher. One of the reason they don't make it a big deal as well is because I participate in class and is very active. Compared to most who might not be late but still failing and not doing the assignments.

Once again I feel eyes on me, and I know who it is. It's the girl I bumped to on the first day. It hurt shit, my forehead hit a metal on her backpack. Normally I would retaliate and make sure that the person will taste my wrath and will think twice of messing with me again but for some reason I just let it go. There's something about her that made me think twice. She seemed so innocent of her surroundings and shows genuine concerned and not fear that for some reason I appreciate.

My friends Bea and Lily bugged me about it and offered to toy with her but I refuse. I told them to let it go. She's a new girl anyway. I remember her saving a seat for me. It's cute, she is cute. Well okay, she is gorgeous but seemed oblivious to her assets. I know the looks she's giving me. I'm not that innocent. I can smell gay all over her, I've been chased by lesbians before not just once and I find them all creepy, I cringe but this new girl I don't feel discomfort at all. It's actually cute and I find it amusing. She seems so innocent yet so confident.

As usual Mr Gilbert loves to give assignments. When the bell rang normally I'm out the door already but there's something holding me back or someone. Some students nodded at me before going. I know most of them, some are classmate from last year, some are part of the sports club. You can say I'm famous, not only I have a pretty face and gorgeous body but also because I lead my cheerleading team to win at competition, also last year I was awarded as Prom Queen. I can be a bitch sometimes but only if you mess with me. Also having a relationship with the jock of school added to my popularity.

Although what most people don't know is that we broke up about a month ago. Terrence asked me a favour of not telling anyone unless they ask which most likely people won't dare much to their fear. People won't try to get in between us much less gives a hint that they wanted to break us up. We've been together for almost 2 years until it gets old.

I know she would want to talk to me and I'm right, before I got up she's already in front of me grinning. I can't help but chuckled but tried to hide it. I saw her friend April went ahead, I know her because I've watched the school plays many times. I can say she has a talent for acting and has a very good voice. Plus I think I've had classes with her before. Focusing my attention to the silly but gorgeous girl in front of me I ask "What is it this time?" I fake a formal face I don't know if I succeeded though.

"You're late!", she gave me a questioning look. I laugh to myself, she is making a big deal of my tardiness when even the teacher doesn't.

"I don't owe you any explanation", I tried to sound annoyed but I failed. She made face and I can't help but laugh at her. She looked at me with amazement, then smiled revealing those pearly white teeth. Hmm, good oral hygiene I approve. Huh? I studied her face, it was flawless, I liked tanned skin but her milky white skin is one of her attraction. I think I'm going crazy why am I thinking about these things.