Chapter 40 - Void

Alicia's POV

"Alicia please you have to eat", I heard my mom begged me but I'm not really paying attention.

It's been 4 days since Mavis found out about my dad's agreement with Terrence father. Although I haven't been able to explain to her the whole situation. But would that make any difference? I still can't abandoned my dad but I didn't expect that this would hit me hard.

I was still shaken remembering how she begged me not to marry Terrence, it was like a nightmare haunting me. She was so hurt and angry and it kills me. When she left after the incident with Terrence, an ambulance came to for him. He was beaten, I can't believe Mavis broke his nose and he has cuts on his face.

But I'm more worried about her than him, he deserved it. I know it sounds cruel but he shouldn't have provoked her. I already talked to him about keeping it a secret until the day I turned eighteen hoping that another solution would come up and would save me from marrying him. Terrence dad would release the money once I turned eighteen although the plan is to get married after graduation. I even have this evil plan of eloping with Mavis when the time comes as long as my dad would be able to return our client's money. I was naive I know but I'm desperate.

When I got home that day, I was welcomed by a furious look on my dad's face. He knew what happened because Terrence parents probably informed him. I don't know what to say to him as I feel so broken that day especially since Mavis seems angry with me. I just couldn't take it.

My dad confiscated my phone, ipad, my computer and all sources of possible communication with Mavis that made me more depressed. My Dad won't talked to me, I know I have given him more headache as Terrence's parents are both angry and might back out from their deal. On the day of the Christmas eve, we just spent dinner together in silence minus my brother who stayed in New York and just visited our relatives there. Christmas passed like it was nothing. Best Christmas ever.

My dad barely stayed home after Christmas, he's spending most of his time at the office trying to figure things out. I still don't know what's his next plan is and I still don't know what Terrence's parents decision but one thing I know of, I feel a void inside my chest. My mind was occupied with Mavis, my beautiful brunette.

A few days without her, not even a communication was hell. I don't feel like doing anything, I don't even have the appetite to eat. All I can do was locked myself in my room, drown myself in sorrow and wallow in self pity. I wonder what she's doing right now, I know she went back to her home country, I just hope all went well for her and that bitch Jena is not giving her a hard time.

I was currently sitting at the dining table, my mom place a plate full of food in front of me but I just don't have the appetite. I feel like my tummy's getting used to not being able to digest. I feel nauseous and I know that I lost weight but I don't care. I feel so broken, empty, it's like my purpose of life suddenly taken away. Plus it doesn't helped that my dad's keep ignoring me.

"I'm not hungry", I told my mom and push the plate away.

I was startled when she bangs the table, I glance at her. She looked so furious, "What do you mean you're not hungry? You barely ate this past few days. You didn't eat yesterday whole day, and today as well", I saw her stifling a sob. I feel bad for making her feel this way but I also felt bad at myself. Part of me wanted to blame her for not fighting for me to my dad but the bigger part of me understood her position.

I looked down, "I'm sorry", I took the plate back and started eating, slowly and just small amount but that made her loosen up a bit. After convincing her that I can't eat anymore she allows me to go back to my room.

This is my life for the past days, I didn't even noticed it was almost New Years Eve. I was sulking in my room as usual, no energy to get up, I didn't eat the following days after my mom forced me. Whenever they're not looking I'm throwing the food in the garbage. I feel bad but I don't really feel like eating and I don't need her to keep forcing me. And now I'm feeling the effects of my starvation.