Chapter 22 - Unexpected

I don't know how long I was lying there but I saw some people started going. I got up and fix my clothes. I went back inside to check on Catie. I saw her with some girl, she is trying to flirt. She is drunk alright.

"Hey", I put my hands on her shoulder, turn her to face me. "Are you okay?".

Then she laughed loudly and there's my answer. I guide her to sit for a while. "Stay here, I will just check on April and Nikki", I told her as I made my way to the pool area which I'm pretty sure is where they're at.

I saw April laughing while slapping Eric's arm, he must have said something and April being drunk would laughed at everything, I can't helped but giggled as her laughed is so contagious. Nikki saw me and waved for me to come.

"Hey guys, ready to go home?", I asked and Nikki's face became relieved. She must have been wanting to go, it's actually pretty late. Past 12 midnight. I wonder if Manong Ed is awake.

"Finally", Nikki got up while April keep on protesting. She doesn't want to go home yet.

"I don't want to", she said in a slurry voice while staring at Eric. He seems drunk too but still able to sit straight.

"You're wasted so you have to", I told her and she frowns at me, I shook my head she's acting like a child.

Eric laughed at her, "She's right, you're in need of sleep", he gave her a gentle smile.

I can't helped but chuckled, He seemed taken by her. I couldn't be more glad. I'm thrilled for April. Even though my love life sucks atleast hers have hope.

I roamed my eyes around wondering if she's still here or left already. Then I saw her with her friends, dancing around as if they're having their own party. She can't stand straight and almost fell while holding a bottle of, wait, is that vodka? My eyes widen in disappointment. She is drinking straight from it.

I narrowed my eyes at her, they were at the opposite pool side, I scanned the whole area and noticed that the other guys including the douche is not so far away from them.

I shook my head in dislike. Her friends as usual are also wasted. I saw Max and Troy with the guys and so is Terrence. I noticed him glancing at Alicia every now and then he seemed concerned as well. He doesn't seem drunk.

I turn to look at Ali again and there she is drinking without a care in the world. I grimaced and I can't take it anymore. I came walking to her and snatched the bottle away. I throw it on the side.

She looked surprised and about to hurl at me but stopped when she recognized it was me. She narrowed her eyes at me then chuckled, shaking her head while walking towards me. I was watching her afraid she would fall good thing she's far from the pool.

When she's closed she point her fingers at me, "You", she said in slurry voice as slowly grabbed me by my shirt close to her. I was holding my breath and my heart beats increases, I know she's drunk and I can't let her drink anymore. I don't care if I don't have any right to stop her.

"Why do you always invade my space? Invades my mind?", she said her eyes trying to focus on my face.

I took her hand to remove it from my shirt. She then became emotional, continued to looked at me hurt in her eyes. "You don't want me anymore", she started sobbing.

I was shocked by her, I know she's drunk but I can't believe what she just said. I even stared at her stupidly only to realize she's really crying. My heart can't take it. I pulled her closer and enveloped her in my arms. She quickly put her arms around my neck and burries her face in my throat.

I feel a lot of eyes on us, I felt unease but only for Alicia's sake. She keeps sobbing and I'm running my hands on her back, pacifying.

"I miss you", she said in between her sobs and again I was stunned. "I'm so sorry".