Chapter 38 - Chosen Over

Christmas is fast approaching, my grandmother is planning on going to the Philippines and she wants me to go with her. And I am torn, I don't want her to travel alone, well she has an aide with her but being with a family member is different, but I don't ever want to see Jenna again.

My mom and I had an argument because she's been insisting that I come home but I don't feel like that is my home. This is my home now, here in US, with my grandmother and Alicia and my friends. Also, it will be a long stay. We will be back after New Year. I don't think I can be away from Ali for that long.

I can ask her to come but I'm pretty sure her dad won't let her. It sucks. Today is the last day of school as well then come holiday break and I'm not really looking forward to that. I'll probably ask Ali for advice. I know though that she would push me to go with my grandma but I still want to hear it directly from her.

We met at the locker as it's colder nowadays. I have roses in my hand, time to time I'm giving her roses, I believe she had a collection of teddy bear care of me as well. I just love pampering her. We've been spending lots of time together after school, no more cheer practice for now, it will resume next year. Sometimes I can't helped but noticed that Ali's been avoiding talking about her dad and honestly I feel sad, somehow I want her to opened up to me.

I know it's hurting her to defy him by being with me, although I'm thankful that she doesn't let it affect us but still somehow I wanted to do something about it, to make him accept us. I already have a complicated relationship with my parents and I don't want her to have the same especially since I know that her dad adores her he just couldn't get over the fact that she's with me.

I grab her by the waist, I came a little later coz I had conversation with my grandma but still not late. Also our teachers are being lazy now that it's almost winter break. "Hey babe", I kissed her and she kissed me back sweetly. She is so sweet and clingy the past few weeks, since thanksgiving and I'm loving it. I'm just ignoring the little whisper at the back of my head that something is up.

"I want to talk to you about something later", I whispered to her ear. I felt her shiver and I smiled.

"Okay", she said frowning a bit.

I kissed her temple and head to our first subject. Our friends went on ahead. I saw Terrence and his friends walking across us. As usual Ali don't give a fuck about him, I saw his jaw tightened as he glare at my arm around Ali's waist, I smirked at him feeling superior coz I have what he would die to have. Alicia.

He stopped, balled his fist and glares at me, his eyes full of contempt, I just shrugged it off. It doesn't affect me one bit. I felt Ali's hand tug mine to continue walking. She gave him a meaningful glare. I rolled my eyes at him making him more furious. I know I can be a bitch but he started it and I had enough.

Lunch time, finally. I'm talking to April and Nikki animatedly while sitting on our usual table. Eric was here, April confirmed it to me that they're together. I couldn't be more happy. Nikki and Troy are also dating, we are planning on having a triple date and I have something in mind already but it's too cold so I may have to postponed my idea.

Some of our friends are here, but I'm waiting for Ali. Then finally I saw her walking in, my smile widen but fades when I saw Terrence tailing her. He grab her hand but she quickly push him and out of his hold. I stood up immediately. I saw Ali said something to him that made him stay, she already saw me coming and my face is darkened.

She walk towards me so that I won't reach him. Terrence and I stared at each other for sometime. Some students notice the tension but Terrence back off, turn around and leave. I felt Ali tensed beside me. I took a deep breathe and turn to her. "I'm sorry, are you okay?", I ask her gently.