Chapter 23 - Girlfriends

I woke up with a start, my mind is blank at first as I stared at the ceiling then I felt a weight on me, then a series of events last night flooded on my mind. I immediately looked at the sleeping beauty beside me, her head on my chest. I feel so warm and my right shoulder and arm are both numb but I don't care.

Warmth spread through me as I watched her looking so beautiful and innocent. She sleeps like a baby. I wonder if she would remember what she said last night.

Suddenly I felt a little bit worried, what if she doesn't mean it? But aren't drunk person is the most honest? But what if she continues to fight her feelings? I took a deep breathe. It's too early for stress.

Then I felt her moved against me. I watched as she slowly opened her eyes. Blue eyes met mine. I smiled at her gently, "Good morning".

She looked at me puzzled at first that made me a bit nervous then she smiled at me, a real smile that tugs my heart. "Good morning", she greeted back as she burry her face on my neck.

I'm blushing I can feel it and I'm overjoyed. What a nice way to wake up. "How are you feeling?", I'm expecting her to have a hangover.

"My head is killing me", she complained and I massaged her head for a bit.

"Hmm, that feels good", I chuckled.

"I'm gonna go get aspirin", I carefully lift myself from her. She grab my pillow and snuggle it. I can't help but feel cherished by her simple action. I took a tablet from my medicine cabinet and grab a bottle of water. I made my way back to her.

"Here, take this", I sat on the bed and she slowly get up.

"Thank you", she went back to bed. And I let her, I checked the time and it's still early. Just past 8am, I'm pretty sure April and Nikki are still sleeping. I should feel sleepy too but the way I'm feeling right now gives me energy.

I decided to check downstairs and also talked to my grandma.

"I'll be back, what do you want for breakfast?", I asked her my face is so close to her as she continues to snuggle my pillow.

She peek from the pillow to look at me, then smiled like a child, "Whatever you want".

"Alright then", I kissed her head and I felt her smile then went downstairs.

I was greeted by Donna as I walked into the kitchen, "Good morning Mavis, are you ready for breakfast?"

"Good morning, Uhm not yet, I have 3 friends still sleeping but I need you to prepare something for us all. Thank you so much", I told her. She is in charge of cooking and she knows already my usual breakfast but when I told her I have friends over she will surely prepare a lot for them to choose from.

"Okay I got it, by the way you're grandma is at the garden. She's been asking for you".

I expected that. Since living with her I consider myself a morning person. She always wants to eat breakfast and dinner together. But last time when my friends are here she lets us eat alone. After nodding to Donna I head outside to the garden.

I smell fragrances coming from different flowers that rested artfully at garden, that made me relax. It never fails to amaze me how beautiful her garden is, this is her past time. My grandmother is already retired and just hired a CEO to manage the businesses left by her husband who is an american business tycoon. She is my mother's mother.

My mother being married to my Dad has to live in the Philippines. Some of my grandma's business was already merged with my father's, and my brother, Elijah is expected to take after my father being a man, that's his responsibility. All my siblings are expected to work at our company after receiving their degree although for sure they will be required to take masterals from prestigious schools possibly here in US or Europe.