Chapter 20 - Space

I didn't go to class for two days, I can't face her. Alicia has been calling me but for the first time I didn't anticipate her call I'm avoiding it. I know that I don't have the right to get mad or be jealous but blame my stupid heart.

I confess to her although she didn't exactly led me on, she said she's confused but still it hurts. My grandma let it go and did not force me to school but she had enough and right now I have to get my ass up.

I felt like floating as I walked inside the school, it kept replaying on my mind, what I saw. And everytime it's like a knife cuts deep inside me. I can see April and Nikki waiting for me by the locker, worried looks on their faces. I only told then I'm not feeling well for the past 2 days but when April called and I answered out of exasperation she can tell that I was crying by the sound of my voice. I hated myself for being a pain in the ass for them.

I won't blame them if they got tired of my sorry ass and avoid me altogether. I didn't tell them yet, I don't want to talk about it but I have to talk to them. I owe it to them besides their my friends.

I forced a smile as I greeted them "Hey".

"Do you want to ditch class? We'll come with you", April asks and I can tell she's serious.

As much as I want to, the principal will call my grandmother and I don't want to stress her more.

"No not today, I was already absent for two days. Sorry for being a pain", I feel depression slowly taking over.

"Don't say that", April reprimanded. "I told you million times we're here for you and we're not going anywhere".

I gave them appreciative smile.

.......

I can feel her staring, I know she wants to talk. As the bell rang I get up with April and continues through the door. I felt her got up as well but reluctant to come closer. I sighed this is so depressing, honestly I don't want to hear whatever she has to say coz I think I already know it.

That she's sorry for not being able to return my feelings and for lying about having a boyfriend or did she? All I know is that Terrence was not her boyfriend, not anymore but other than that I think I just assumed.

I know it's my fault but still I can't helped but feel angry, more to myself. For being so foolish into thinking differently. I am so naive maybe I deserved this. I continued to torture myself in my mind. I went directly to my second period not looking back. I'm not ready to face her, I don't want to shit myself.

It's been a few minutes and the teacher is still not in sight. Students keep talking while we wait. I sat at the far corner not feeling to interact. I was looking at the window without really seeing it when I felt someone sat beside me. When I turned to look it was Troy.

He never really talk to me alone, he's always with his cousin Max. "Hey, how's it going?", he gives me a nervous smile.

"Hey", I shrugged at him.

"You've been absent for a couple of days, I'm wondering if you're okay?", he seems reluctant.

"Yeah just a lot going on", I gave him a small smile.

He was silent for a moment, seems hesitant but then ask anyway, "Is it really true that you're gay? I-I was wondering maybe if you're just angry that day and fed up with everyone".

I looked at him frowning, I wonder what's his deal but honestly he's nothing but friendly to me since day one. "Yes I am".

He stared at me for a while then sighed, He seemed sad. "I understand", I thought He's gonna get up already but then he said "I like you", he looked at me in the eye "I just want to let you know", then gives me a genuine smile.