Chapter 16 - Partners

It's been weeks of battling with myself, I'm trying my best to moved on and avoid her altogether but it's harder than I thought. Especially when I see her struggling as well, I can see it from her eyes. Sometimes our gaze met and I can feel something. And it's eating me inside. All I want to do is hold her, feel her presence next to mine.

I tried stalking her on IG but she temporary disabled it. I'm not sure of the reason why. I am currently on my fourth period and she's sitting so far away from me. People somehow got tired of teasing me maybe because they can't get a reaction from me. I wish she would look at me.

The teacher then gave us a project to worked on, it requires a pair. I can't help but look at Ali. I saw her stiffened. I know that she won't have any problem in finding a partner but I want her to be mine. Even if it's just for the sake of a project. The teacher announces that we can choose our partner which everyone applaud.

It's now or never. I saw a guy making his way to her so I darted to where Alicia is sitting. It's been weeks I hope she's not that embarrassed to be seen with me.

"Hey Ali", she quickly looked up to me. Our gaze met and for a moment I feel like time froze and we're just staring at each other. I squatted in front of her so we can meet face to face coz she's still sitting. "Can we be partners?" I swallowed, I'm a nervous wreck.

She seems hesitant, quickly roamed her eyes around. I know what she's doing, why would she let the people around her affect her. "Please, pretty please", I pleaded making sure to caught her eye.

After a series of struggle going on inside her head she finally nodded. "Yes!", I can't helped but to say it loudly making some of our classmates looked at me. Oops. I was holding my breathe and became nervous coz I thought I messed up, She's gonna be anxious again coz people stares. She's not gonna want to partner with me. But when I looked at her she's still looking at me, amused on her beautiful face.

I let out a sighed, then gave her a shy smile and went back to my seat. I'm so happy, finally she's talking to me again. We're partners. My insides are dancing with joy. The projects timeline is 2 weeks. We are asked to make a reaction paper to a novel. And by reaction it means very detailed. Plus we have to read the whole book.

It may be a drag but I'm not complaining, I am motivated because my partner is none other than the beautiful and sexy Alicia. When the class is over I quickly pick up my things, I want to talk to her. I hope her mood doesn't change because I plan to continue talking to her. Don't blame me I missed her. It's like 2 weeks we're not talking to each other.

I noticed she's not really in a rush to go and that gave me hope. When most of the students went out I walk to her side. "Hey", I was a bit nervous. But it's a welcomed feeling.

She looked at me her lips twitch in a smirk. She didn't say anything but she didn't run away. She let me walk with her without a word. Then we reached the locker.

I cleared my throat "When do you want to start working on the project?", I ask still a bit cautious towards her. I even kept a slight distance between us so she won't feel uncomfortable.

She looked at me thinking, "How bout this weekend?"

My eyes lit up. "Sounds perfect. Where do you want us to do it?" I wanted to offer my house but I will let her decide.

"Your place is perfect", then she gave me a real smile. Like genuine smile. I feel warmth swarmed all over me.

"Alright", I feel awkward now but I still want to stay and talk to her. Just being near her is enough. For now. "No practice ?" I ask.

"Not today", she roamed her eyes around. There are some students giving us looks but not really bothersome. Maybe they're looking because we're both attractive. I'm just telling the truth especially Ali.