It isn't Sympathy. It's Concern.

Hey guys!!

                      ..........................

"Sunidhi, where are you?" saying Vedant came inside their room.
"Tell me Mr. Husband." answered she without turning towards him.
He grabbed her wrist and made her sit on the couch next to him.
"What makes you so cheerful today?" Sunidhi asked.
"Cheerful? No, I'm super cheerful and super happy today." he said, took her hands and pulled her for a dance.
"Vedant, first tell me what is it? So that I too can enjoy."
"Sunidhi, I'm happy today. I'm super happy."
"Mr.Husband, please share the reason for your happiness." said she in fake annoyance.
"Sumedh is in love."
"What? What?"
"Yes, Sumedh is in LOVE."
"I know it's a good news but why are you so excited?" She said in a calm tone.
"Mrs.Sunidhi Vedant Chandra, you don't  know, how much he's gone through in his life. Now, finally he found love. I would surely be happy right?"
"What do you mean? I can't understand what you are trying to tell. Explain me. Tell me what the real issue is."
"Okay, I'll tell you. Sit down." said he pulling her on the couch, next to him.

"...........So, that's how she cheated him. He was in a terrible state after that incident. It took almost two months to come out and still now he cannot forget those things. But look now, he has developed feelings for another girl. He's even accepting it. I'm very happy for him." He said completing the narrative about Sumedh's past.
"You truly said right, Sumedh has gone through so much. But tell me who's that girl for whom he's fallen?"
"Oh yeah, you too would be very happy after knowing that girl."
"I can't wait anymore. Tell me."
"It's your favorite, Mallika."
"What? Seriously? Ain't you kidding?"
"Why would I? She's Mallika.  Mallika.Joshi"
Sunidhi hugged him tightly and so did Vedant.
"What do you think? Does she has the same feelings for him?" asked Vedant while parting.
"May be. That day in our wedding, I could see the desperateness in her eyes for him. She keenly used to observe every act of Sumedh. But I don't know whether she has these kind of feelings or just has a crush on him."
"We have to find it out. We will. But not now. I have asked Sumedh to approach her first, if he cannot, then we'll take  charge of the situation. What say?"
"Yes" said she and both high-fived.

.......

A week passed and Sumedh wasn't able to convey his feelings to Mallika. He could only do is to get more clarity about the feelings he possessed for her. He could understand how it felt when someone would be in love. Mallika could understand and find out certain changes in Sumedh. She could feel him getting more cheerful, happy and enjoying around her. She could see an all new side of Sumedh. She enjoyed being in the company of this Sumedh.

.......

"Sumedh, as soon as you finish dinner come to the porch, I need to talk." said Vedant in an ordering tone, completing his food, sitting with other family members on the dining table.
"Okay, bhai."
"Anything serious?" asked Sumedh's dad Mr.Sharat Chandra
"Nothing serious Chachu. I wanted to discuss about certain medical improvements in the field of surgery with him."
"Okay" said Mr. Sharat Chandra

"Bhai, tell me what's the problem? What did you want to discuss? What improvements in surgery?" asked Sumedh following Vedant to the porch.
"She truly calls you Dumbo. I'm the CEO of food manufacturing industry and why would I discuss about surgery? It was just an excuse in front of Chachu" said Vedant.
"Who is 'she'?"
"Who else calls you Dumbo? Mallika right?" said Vedant making Sumedh blush.
"Mr.Sumedh Chandra stop blushing and concentrate on what I'm here to say."
"Yes boss." said Sumedh and saluted.
"Did you speak to her? Did you approach her? Did you express your feelings? Did you atleast find what she has in her mind?" questioned Vedant without a break.
"Bro, take a deep breath. Breath in .....breath out........... Listen now, I didn't speak anything. I didn't even approach her. What I did all was to get clarity about my feelings for her and overcome my past memories."
"You didn't even ask about her feelings?" again questioned Vedant.
"No, I had no courage to speak her about neither my feelings nor ask her about her feelings."
"Mr. Kanha. What shall I do with this guy?" said Vedant palming his forehead and looked to the sky.
"What happened bro?" asked Sumedh innocently.
"Nothing, I know you aren't that innocent how much you behave.  Sumedh, listen I'm going to talk to her. Don't worry I won't say anything about your feelings for her. I would just say whatever happened in your life to her. She has all the rights to know that."
"Bro, NO, don't say her anything." said Sumedh.
"Sumedh don't worry. When your brother is here nothing wrong would happen."
"No, bro, after hearing she may just sympathize with me. I don't want that. I crave for her love."
"Listen, that isn't called sympathy, it's concern. I know you crave for her love. I just wish that your craving be fulfilled." said Vedant and left to his room. Sumedh stood in the porch gazing the beautiful star filled sky.

"Sunidhi, I need to talk to Mallika. I need to talk to her, explain her about what Sumedh is going through. Can you accompany me?" Said Vedant.
"Ofcourse I will come with you. Don't worry, I hope she'll understand about Sumedh and his past."
"We'll meet her tomorrow in World's Cafe. But, wait a minute, we don't have her number to contact. I'll get it from Sumedh."
"Vedant, no need. I already have it. Two days back she had called me. Wait I'll drop her a message. I know she'll surely come."

Mallika, can we meet?
Can you give your precious time for me?
Can we meet in World's Cafe at 11AM  tomorrow?

                                 Ofcourse di. You, no need to request me. I'll be there by 11.

I'll be waiting.

                                 Sure di. Love you.

"She'll be there by 11." said Sunidhi turning towards Vedant.

                      .......................

How was the chapter?
I know it may be a bit boring but next chapter is about Sumedh's past and it would be super amazing.

Do vote and comment your reviews.

💛❤