The Smile I Crave For.

Sumedh

People say time flies like an arrow, very fast. But in my case it's completely wrong. These three years seemed three decades to me. I know she doesn't feel as same as I feel for her. But, I'm helpless. There's no rule that there shouldn'tbe any one-sided love. But, the feeling that the other person doesn't feel the same towards you, stabs my heart.

Mallika, you have no idea how much I have been in love with you. My love for you is until eternity. It's towards infinite.

In these three years everything changed. I completed my studies. Now I'm a successful Surgeon. I'm the assistant HOD of our Hospital in Krishnagiri. It feels so much good to serve society. It feels so much good to save lives.

But, my inspiration is always my Mallika,  I used to remember how she used to run behind small kids to get them vaccinated whenever we used to go on field camps. Her love for society is what inspires and motivates me. She inspire me even at my worst.

My whole ocean of thoughts came to a halt when SJ Hospital's Dean called me,

"Dr.Sumedh, when are you coming? We are waiting for you?" He asked.

"Yeah sir, I'm on my way. I'll be there in 10 mins." I said and ended the call.

Get go Mr.Chandra, today is your first day. You have to strive there for six months. They mustn't think that you are unpunctual.

I'm a bit hesitant as Mallika too would be in the same Hospital. She's doing her internship there. I must make sure, I won't run to her.

I went there in 10 mins, interacted with many of the doctors and surgeons. I could find out that they were skilled and knowledgeable people. Just then Dean, informed me about the malpractice case by few interns.

"Dr, I know you all have taken this decision of suspending those interns with consideration of rules and regulations. But, they operated on humanity basis is a matter of fact. I agree, they did not follow the rules. But, before taking up the case they tried to get notice of other surgeons but they weren't available. As far as I know every doctor in this profession, practice to save the lives, they don't practice to kill anyone. So, I conclude that their suspension must be dismissed as they are one of the brightest students of this Medical College cum Hospital." I said.

"So, considering your views as you are both the alumni student of this college and one of the board members, the suspension of those students is dismissed." Dean said.

Happy for those people.

"By the way, who are those people?" I asked.

"Two girls and a boy. It is Mr.Avasthi, Ms.Joshi and Ms.Gandhi." one of the surgeons said. My heart skipped a beat hearing Ms.Joshi.

What did he just say, Ms.Joshi? Isn't it Mallika? May be not!

The meeting ended and I went to my cabin. It feels so good to be back as a visiting Head Surgeon to the same College I studied.

I heard a knock on the door. I permitted them to enter,

"Hello sir, I'm Sanjay Avasthi and she's Jheel Gandhi. Actually we are here to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for saving us from this soup." he said.

"That's fine. You people did this in humanitarian causes. But, that violates rules. So, from next time don't take any such risks. This is the last time I'm saving you."

"Thank you so much sir." she said.

"You were three people right? Where is the other one?" I asked.

"She's coming. We'll send her." said they both and went out.

Until she comes, let me freshen up myself. As went inside the washroom, the door of my cabin opened. I washed my face and was about to come out, I heard a loud sigh. I unlatched the washroom door. I peeped and came out, the first thing caught my eyes was her bracelet. Wasn't it the same one which I gifted to Mallika on her birthday? Then.... I moved my vision up towards her face, that's when I lost my balance. IT WAS MALLIKA!

Mallika, that girl, whom I love with all my heart. She isn't the same girl anymore, she went to grow into a beautiful women. I know this isn't the first time I have been looking at her mesmerized, but yeah, It's surely the first time since three years. Her chocolaty brown orbs getting darker as seconds pass. Her eyes filled with tears, so my eyes. Soon, she took baby steps towards me and I too couldn't hold myself from moving towards her. As I moved, I felt her warmth surround me. I felt all those joy and happiness fill my soul. Her eyes did not leave mine even for a second. Her hair fringes moved all over her face. I badly wanted to tuck them behind her ears.

We were disturbed by the Dean and I unwillingly went with him.

I was taken to the seminar hall and everyone were assembled Mallika with her friends too entered the hall.

"Good Morning Students. The main reason for inviting you all here is to introduce you all to our new visiting Head Surgeon, Dr.Sumedh Chandra." as soon as the Dean said my name, my eyes travelled to meet Mallika's. I saw her lips tug up. It was the same smile I craved for and still crave for. This is enough for me to lead my next three years of life.

"So, Dr. it would be a great honour to us if you speak few words." he invited me.

I stood before the mic,

"Hello everyone. My heartiest thanks to the Dean for providing such a good opportunity to become a Visiting Head Surgeon in the same College cum Hospital I'm an alumni of. I look forward for the support from all of you. Thank you." I finished and looked at Mallika. She stood emotionless.

"So, students welcome our new Head. I hope you all cooperate with him. Few students working under other Surgeons have been transferred under him. They are John Smith, Avinash Rao, Jheel Gandhi, Sanjay Avasthi and Mallika Joshi." He said.

Wait what? Mallika under me? Now she'll think I instructed the Dean about the same. She would hate me for this. It's okay. Difference make no difference, I don't mind if she hates me. At least in this way I'm would be with her.

                           ................

A/N:

Hello!
One more chapter! With His POV!
What would happen when these two work together?

I hadn't had prepared to give an update this early, but someone pleaded with *puppy eyes*. So, had give.

Stay tuned. Much more Masaledaar content on the way.
*jaisa aap soch rahe ho vaisa nahi*

Do vote and comment.

💛❤