What's Cooking Up?

"Basant, why do I feel there's something cooking up between them?!" asked Drishti.
"Why so?" Basant counter questioned trying to safe guard the secret.

"Did you not see?! That day when we all had gone to visit Sumedh, she too was there. Monika says that Mallika is an introvert kind of person and takes time to mingle with people. Isn't it right Kanishk?" said Drishti.

Kanishk nodded in an Yes.

"Drishti and Kanishk, you too are overestimating. There's nothing such between them." said Basant.
"Are you sure?" asked Kanishk.
"Yes." said Monika.

"But still, that day we all had planned a party at Mallika's house, Sumedh was the first one to arrive and last one to leave. When I enquired about the same, Sumedh said that he was helping Mallika to arrange and then wrap up the party after we'll left." said Drishti remembering everything.
"So, Basant tell us the truth. Have they hooked up?" asked Kanishk.

"No, what are you saying! They haven't hooked up. If they had, then I would have known, right? But one thing, those two are best friends. Both of them had together worked on a project. Do you remember? May be from then they became close. That's it. Even Sumedh said the same." Said Basant.
"But..."  Drishti again trying to raise her doubts.
"Drishti, don't you know Sumedh's past? He can't afford to be in a relationship." Said Basant again saving their secret.
"Yeah" she said finally dropping the topic.

...........

"Ahoy! Madam!" said Sumedh in all enthusiasm.
"Good morning!" answered feebly Mallika, on the call, who woke just before his call.
"Ms.Joshi, No! Ms.Sleepyhead get up, fill your day with energy."
"Hmm" she answered still lying on the bed, half awake.
"Mallika" Sumedh shouted her name, making her to get up with a jerk.

"What's it? Don't disturb me. Today is weekend and you are not allowing me to sleep." said Mallika making faces.
"Don't try to convince me with your cute poker face." he said as though watching her from a distance.
"Don't tell me, you are in my house?" asked startled Mallika.
"No"
"Then how did you get to know what face I was making?"
"That's the power of understanding."

"Sumedh, why did you call me this early in the morning?"
"Whenever you asked me to accompany with you for shopping, I used to deny. But, today will you come with me?"
"For what? Shopping? Huh?!"
"Yeah"
"Sumedh, are you in any hangover?"
"I hope you know, that I don't drink?"
"I know, but...but you are asking me for shopping! Whoa!!
This made me ask you that!"
"Mallika you are coming. That's final. Be ready by 5'o clock."

Before she could answer, he ended the call.

........

"Sumedh, these would suit you better. Take these." said Mallika showing him few formals.
"Okay. I'll try it out." said he and went to a trial room.

Mallika thought of trying few dresses until he arrives.

"I have no idea which one to choose? If it was Mumma or Di accompanying me I wouldn't be in this turmoil."
said Mallika loud, holding two frocks affront the mirror.

"Khargosh, take that Blue one." said Sumedh out of no where.
"When did you come? Wait! You look great in this formals! Man! You actually are handsome." said she chuckling inwardly, only to get a stare and eye twitch from him.

"I know, I look good. But, you actually look elegant in that blue frock. Go, give it a try."
She nodded in yes while heading to the trial room.

........

"Mallika, from tomorrow I won't be coming to the college. I have to go to that Rampahad PHC for my internship. Do you remember?" said Sumedh holding her hands while they were sitting in their secret yet favorite place.

"I know. Very well. In fact very happy that there would be no one to tease me."
"Oh really."
"Yes"
"Mallika, there would be no one to call you Khargosh, no one to tease you. No one to wink at you." said he hoping she would utter that she would miss him.
"Yeah"
"Mallika, you won't miss me?! I won't talk to you."
"Sumedh," she held his chin, turning towards her, "thinking about this I have spent many sleepless nights. I would surely feel the desolation."

"I will surely miss you my Khargosh." said he and pecked on her left cheek.
"Sumedh..." she, couldn't continue further as she choked. Tears falling.
She too pecked on his right cheek.

"Khargosh"
"Khadoos"

                         ...................

A/N:

This was a filler kind of chapter for next few.
Sorry for being very late!! I have become an unpunctual person.
But,

I found that IN NEED OF WINGS crossed 10K+ reads. The happiness I'm feeling right now is out of bounds.
Thank you for this. At the beginning I had no hope that this book would cross even 1K reads. And look, I surely have come a long way. Love you all.

In return to this love, I would like to introduce you all to my second book,

It's again a fanfiction on Sumellika. Do have a look at it.

PS:
I just changed my username. *glee*

Do vote and comment.

💛❤