Panic Striken

Sumedh

"Mallika....Mallika.....Khargosh...."
I'm running behind her calling and this girl, not at all paying any heed.

"Mallika" finally, succeeded to grab her wrist.
"Whatever you are thinking is not the truth."
"Sumedh. Please. I'm not in mood to listen any kind of clarifications."
"Mallika" before I could complete she came out of my hold, snatching her hand and went off.

The bell rang. Darn.
I have no choice, I must attend my lab or else I may lose my internal marks. I'll try to convince her later.

.......

I went in search of her. Where is she now? May be in the library?

She's not in library too. Wait I'll enquire with Monika.
"Monika."
"Tell me Sumedh."
"Is Mallika with you?"
"No......wait wait.....Sumedh didn't her scooty today. She must have gone to her house by a cab I guess."
"Okay" I ended the call.

Mallika, I badly want to talk to you. I don't want this misunderstandings to grow further.

Okay. Let me go directly to her house. That's the only option left.

.......

I was about to cross the main gate of the college, wait, it's her. Mallika. Before I could utter her name and call her, she hopped on a bike. Who's bike is that? She held the guy, on the bike, by his shoulders. Now who's this? Damn.

It's better I follow them.
I was following them without the knowledge of the road they were taking. Finally the bike halted, and she got down. What's this? It's her house. He dropped to her house.
Now he went off! Why? He didn't even go inside her house. Whatever.

.......

What shall I do now? Shall I go inside? Or shall I call her out? Oh god.
I'll call her.
Taking my phone out, I called her.
She calls me Khadoos, but she's actually behaving like Khadoos. It's been ten rings now and she's not picking my call.
Finally, Madam showed some mercy, picked my call.

"Khargosh. Listen, please. Whatever you saw wasn't the truth. I swear, that wasn't whatever you are are thinking. It was just a casual talk. In fact she was flirting and I just smiled at her actions. It was nothing. It was not even a fling."
"Okay." she said without any emotions.
"Khargosh. Please."
"Sumedh, I guess I need to end this call. Please give me some space." with stern voice. I think I need to give her time.
"I'm ending the call. One more thing, I love you."

.......

I'm going back to my home, with all the negative thoughts piled up. I'm so vulnerable that, that I couldn't bare this tiff between us though it wasn't a tiff at all.

.......

Gosh! What's happening!
*Thud*
Damn. I forgot I was driving. I was so much occupied and I forgot that I was driving.
Ahh! Shit! Shit! My leg's paining. Damn. Oh my my, Ahhhh. I can't bare this pain.
Where did I hit my car?
Thank God! It's a tree. And Thank God, again that I have put my seat belt.

Shit! What shall I do now? My legs is paining. Is it bleeding?
Why did I even take this disgusting road? I cannot even find one human who can help me out.
Ahh! It's Paining. Mumma. Krishna!!!

Only way out, I need to call Bhai.
"Bhai! I met with an accident. I guess, my leg has got badly injured. Come as fast as you can. I can't bare this pain. I'm near Lotus Lake. On that small, deserted road, behind the lake."

Darn. Ahh!
Let me try to get out atleast.
RadheKrishn.

I managed to open the door, placed one leg out, but couldn't even move my left one. Ahh! This is paining like hell.
*clk clk*
Shit! Shit! Why did I even try to move my leg. This would be my bones, which got fractured. I think I will be insisted to take a bed rest.

"Sumedh. Idiot." came my bro, getting out of the car, running. With him was Saurabh.
They both slowly and smoothly took me out of the car and placed me in their car.
We are going to our hospital, I guess.
.....

"Doctor, please make sure his leg gets cured." said bro to Dr.Goenka.

Ahh!
The pain which syringes give is more than any other pain. Wait!? Did he give anesthesia to my leg. May be.
.......

I slowly opened my eyes. Was I sleeping? Did I faint?
I can see my whole family standing out of the ward, looking desperately at me from the other side of the glass shield.
Mumma, Pa, Bhai, Bhabhi, BadiMa, BadePa, Basant, Saurabh, Sakshi and Mallika.
Mallika?
What is she doing here?

As soon the doctor permitted them to get inside the ward, after checking my pulse and breathing rate, they all rushed in and surrounded me as though I'm sugar and ants surrounding it.

Mumma, came to me hugged me so tightly.
"I'm sorry Ma. I was careless, I should have concentrated while driving." I said holding my ears.
My mom, faked her anger. But, I know she can't be angry on me for a long time.

"Sumedh, this is first and last time. Promise me that you would concentrate on the road, while driving." said Dad.
"Yes, Pa. I promise. I'm sorry that you all were panic striken because of me."

Everyone came to me, talked for few minutes. Finally my gaze landed upon Mallika, who was silently looking at me with teary eyes.
That moment, I wanted to get up and wipe off her tears. But I'm not at all supposed to stand on my legs.
I gestured Bhabhi, she moved towards Mallika and held her hand.

......

It's been a while everyone were sitting out. Only my Mom and BadiMa were sitting inside the ward. I suggested them to get some refreshment. Agreeing to me, they sent Bhabhi inside and with her came Mallika.

"Sumedh, it was all my fault. I shouldn't have done that. If I hadn't behaved that rudely, this wouldn't have happened. You would have concentrated on the road. I'm such a bad person." said she and her tears flowing with no bound.
I could only hold her hand. I entwined our fingers,
"Mallika. It wasn't your fault. Please stop cursing your own self now."
Bhabhi wiped off her tears.

"Mallika, I told you no, she was just flirting. That's all. Nothing more than that."
"Sumedh, did I ask anything about that? It was my fault. Even though my heart knew nothing happened, my mind, it distracted me saying that you neglected me. I, dumb, agreed upon that."

Chuckling was the only option left. I chuckled.
"Sumedh, you have been suggested a week bed rest. I will take care of you for the next week."
"Just a week? Then I haven't gotten any serious injury?"
"Sumedh, be happy for that, you haven't gotten any serious injury."

"Mallika, can I ask you something?"
She hummed in response, who was busy cutting apples with Bhabhi.
"Who was that guy, who picked you up from the college?"
"Sumedh, you have got a fracture and you are thinking about that guy?" asked  Mallika perplexed.
Bhabhi chuckled.

"Kharhosh, tell me."
"You'll kill me one day with your cute face." See, I know how to make her spill all the beans out.
"It was Raj. My cousin brother."
Damn. It was her brother and I was thinking all the shitty things. It was her brother. Gosh!!
I chuckled. She too smiled.

                          ................

Ahoy!!
How are you people doing?
How was the chapter?
Lots of drama unfolding in the next chapters.

I won't apologize for being late.
*glee emoji*
But, what to do hectic schedule!

Today, I was actually remembering about one of Sumedh's performances from DID.
Back then, I also used to like Manan's dance.

I used to feel Sumedh was so cute back then, still cute though. My cousins used to love him.
I still remember his blindfold dance. That was my favorite.

Wait a minute! Why am I writing about this? Whatever.

Do vote and comment.

💛❤