Endeared Wholeheartedly

Hey people!!

                        ..........................

"Sumedh, why do I feel that I broke the promise which I had given to my parents." asked Mallika looking straight into his eyes.
"Mallika, think logically once. Have you ever told me that you love me. You infact told that you hate me. I was the one who understood your feelings by looking into your eyes." said he taking her hands in his.
"Sumedh, but still. I don't know why I'm feeling guilty. I had promised them that I won't love anyone."
"Mallika, you know what, love is not that you forcefully get into. It is that which happens and you end up falling for a person. True love doesn't need to be searched for, it happens and we need to accept and go with the flow. Love finds its own way. Look at me, just few weeks back, I was the one, who use to distance from all these things and today I have ended up falling for you. No, not falling in love. But, rising in love. This made me realize, how much I have changed, in a good way.
Moreover, coming to your, no, OUR promise. We will keep it. I will wait. I will wait for 7 more years. I will wait for that day when you, from your own vocals would tell me that you love me. I will wait. Until then we can keep this upto friendship. In fact we can be best friends. From this we can understand and get to know about each other."

Mallika sitting on the couch, was numb and speechless after listening to him.
"Sumedh are you sure we can do this?"
"Yes, I'm damn sure. Mallika, if you still have any doubt, then listen, I promise you Mallika Joshi, until that day, the day you would complete your studies, we will be each other's best friend and would not try to take this into another level by crossing our limits. I even promise that you are my only true love and will always be my only one."

Tears brimming in her eyes,"Sumedh, thank you. You don't even know what I'm feeling right now. You don't even know how you affected me by your charms but now this emotional and thoughtful side yours is even more affecting me. I do promise that you were the only one and would be the only one whom I have endeared wholeheartedly."

"Mallika, enough of this emotional talks. Can we eat something? I'm hungry."
"Sumedh, we are in your farm house. There's no diner nearby. How will we? Wait, shall I prepare something? Do you have grocery in the kitchen?"
"Mallika, no need. I have ordered something. Jignesh(farmhouse help)will get it."
Sumedh called him, and he got a plate platerd with pizza.
By looking at it Sumedh's stomach growled and mouth salivated.
"Mallika, shall we?"
"Yes, I know you can't control hunger further."
Just then, Sumedh took a slice and held it in front of Mallika's mouth indicating her to eat. She ate a bit and before she could have another bite, he took it away and devoured it at once. She widened her eyes and he smiled sheepishly.
"Why did you do that? It was sullied by my saliva and I even wanted more." she told.
"Mallika ji, don't you know eating sullied food of the significant other increases the love between them."
"Oh, really!!" she said and snatched one pizza slice from his hand which Sumedh had already tasted.
"Not bad, huh, Mallika ji." He said making her blush.

.....

"Mallika, I had totally forgot about the gifts. Please take this as a token of my love." said Sumedh giving Mallika a wrapped gift box.
"What's in it?"
"Find out yourself." he said and smiled.
She unwrapped the box and looking at the gift she was in cloud nine. She felt so happy.

*I want the readers to guess the gift*

"Mallika, I want to give you one more thing." he said and extended his palms with a tiny box infront of her. He opened the cap and her eyes widened in shock and surprise.
It was a beautiful, intricately designed finger ring.
Mallika, "Sumedh I don't want to take this now. I want you to keep this till that day, when I would express my feelings clearly. Until then, I don't want this. I don't have any rights on this."
"You do have all the rights on this and on me. But nevermind, this finger ring would wait to get adorned by your finger. I will keep this with me till then."

"Sumedh, you gave me so much, your love, your life, your gift, rights on you. Everything. But I, I gave you nothing. I don't even have anything except that beautiful feeling towards you." said she and before he could speak anything further, she grabbed his collars, tip-toed and placed a soft kiss on his forehead which sent an electric jolt in his body.
"Mallika, love is not only about giving, it's about sharing. Today we shared feelings which we have for each other and that's more than enough for me. That would make my whole freaking life. Thank you for existing. Thank you for being in my life. Thank you for filling colours in my life."

                          ....................

A/N:
How was the chapter?
I'm sorry that I'm very late. I had my exams going on. It's still going on.
So, couldn't update. I know this is a short one but would surely give a long chapter in the next update.

💛❤