Perfect

Hey people!!

                        ..........................

"All the very best Mallika, go rock it. Don't become conscious, express yourself. Remember our favorite Kanha. He will give you lot of courage. I'll be there near the green room." said Sumedh, to encourage Mallika, who's supposed to give an audition for the cultural fest.

"I hope I'll do well. Will you be there, near the green room?" asked she for further confirmation of him being with her.
"Yes. Now don't worry about that. Go, show your talent." He held her hand and squeezed it to comfort her.

Mallika, with a tinge of nervousness went on to the stage, wearing gunghroo all set to show her skills in Kathak. The music started.
Here comes the first note, to which she beautifully swirled. She continued to dance like a peacock. It was then the song changed into hip-hop beats. She within the sane fraction of second changed her style to hip-hop. Showing her extreme expertise. Both the jury and her friends were stunned at her talent. Sumedh looked without blinking his eyes. Mallika finally ended with a Kathak signature step, her hand in the air above and face looking at the  fingers.
There comes a big applause from the audience.
"Ms. Mallika Joshi, you are fabulous. You are in. I want you to be a part of our cultural fest." said the jury.
"Thank you ma'am."

She slowly came down from the stage, her friends ran upto her congratulating. She thanked them, but her eyes were searching for those eyes, which would make her feel more happy.
"Mallika, let's go. We have to complete few assignments and after that we even have to attend Swati's birthday." said Monika asking her to return to their house.
"Mon, five minutes." said she, "I need to meet Sumedh." in Monika's ears.
"Okay. Come fast."
"But where is he?", turning towards Basant, "Did u see him Basant?"
"No. I didn't see him."
"I'll find him." said she.

Mallika ran through all the corridors, every classroom but didn't find him.
"Sumedh, where are you?" thought she.
Just then, her hands were caught hold by another hand. Before she could utter a single word, her mouth was closed with someone's palm. She was slowly pulled by someone to the corner of the deserted corridor. She tried so much to get out of that clutches, but failed. Soon she was held tight, by her waist and  was pinned to someone. She could feel  the hot breaths on her shoulders.
"Were you looking for me?" comes the husky male voice into her ears from behind.
She sighed in relief. Soon, making an angry face and tone,
"How could you do this to me? I was scared so much. That's why I always say that I hate you." said she only to receive a small chuckle from him.
"I thought you can recognise my touch." said Sumedh having a playful smirk on his face.
"I can, but how could someone recognise the touch when the other person is wearing a gloves?"
"Hmm. You know what, I wanted to say something but your cologne is intoxicating me and making me loose my senses." said Sumedh making Mallika blush.
"Whatever. Very lame of you Sumedh, you told you would be waiting for me near the green room but you were not there. Where had you been?"
"Ms. Joshi, I was there looking at your audition, jaw dropped. Just now I came here to the store room to get some old records and files."
"Do you want me to believe this?"
"Yes, my dear."
"Eww, very cheesy."
"This isn't."
"It is."
"Whatever."
"Sumedh, tell me how was my dance?"
"Oh, gosh, I told you right! It was fabulous."
Mallika, smiled hearing this compliments from the most special person. She turned around to meet his gaze, filled with love, respect and admiration for her.

......

Three days passed, everything was just as planned. Mallika and Sumedh, were the leads of their fusion dance drama.
"Sumedh, we'll practice some important steps today in our house." said Mallika.
"Mallika, I feel a bit nervous. I don't think it's a good idea. Why don't we practice in our home or else here in the auditorium?"
"No, Sumedh, you have to come to my house, I want to introduce you to my parents, I mean you know them and they know you but you haven't met them face to face right? So, I'll introduce you."
"I hope they don't doubt our bond."
"They won't. Come. Don't over think."
"Okay."

.......

"Mumma, mumma. Where are you? Come fast. There's a guest in our house." shouted Mallika in excitement.
"Coming. Why are you so excited?" came Mallika's mom slowly, out of the kitchen.
"Ma, this is Sumedh, my senior, my team mate, my motivator, my guide, my friend infact best friend." said she without a pause, in excitement.
Sumedh smiled.
"Oh, this is Sumedh." said Mallika's mom after recognising him.
"Yeah. Hello aunty. How are doing?" said Sumedh in a sweet voice.
"I'm good my boy. Don't get offended, but you are quite charming, girls easily fall for you right?"
Sumedh, smiled and lowered his gaze.
"Ma, are you praising him or taunting him?" asked Mallika
"I'm praising. That's okay, no offense." said her Mother.

"Both of you go, freshen yourselves up. I have prepared Mallika's favorite samosa."
"Yay!"  Mallika hopped in joy and ran towards her room. Just then, realisation hit hard, she came back and asked Sumedh to freshen up first.

"Wow, aunty you make such tasty samosas. I'm loving it." said Sumedh praising Mrs. Joshi's cooking skills.
"Have some more." said she and kept two more on his plate.

"So, Ms. Joshi, shall we practice?" asked he.
"Yeah, yeah. Come, we'll practice in the activity room. It's quite spacious."
"Okay."
"Ma, we'll practice few important steps and sequences for our performance." said Mallika.
"Okay."

The music played, both Mallika and Sumedh did their part of dance perfectly until the first half. But they have to still practice some lifts, for the second half, which they were very nervous about.
"Mallika, I need to hold you by your waist and lift, but I think you may feel uncomfortable infront of everyone. Why don't we cancel that step?"
"Nothing doing. I don't mind to get lifted up unless it's you."
"Ohho." said he smirking.
Both practiced the lifts. They weren't knowing that they would coordinate this beautifully.

"Don't they look good together?" asked Mallika's mom Mrs. Nandini.
"They do look good, but why are you asking me this?" answered her husband Mr.Rajesh, who had just arrived from his office and was looking at their dance.
"I don't know why, but I felt, they are just perfect for each other."
"Nandini, we shouldn't think about all this. Mallika is still studying and they are just friends. They both don't have any such feelings towards each other. If they had, it would have been clearly visible."
"Rajesh, just look at them once. Look at their eyes, they speak volumes together through their eyes."
"Really?"
"Look, you can see it by yourself."
Rajesh, looked at both the dancing figures in front him and keenly tried to examine their eyes.
"Indeed, their eyes speak without any exchange of words."
"So, tell me what do you think? Have they fallen?"
"No idea. But my daughter has promised me that day."
"Yeah, I know, but she never breaks any promises."
"So, as of now we don't need to worry. If there is anything like that, Mallika will surely say it to us."
"Yeah. Come let's go down, to the living room. They may become conscious, seeing us."
"Come." said Mr.Rajesh.

                         ......................

A/N:
How was the chapter?
Next chapter would be very exciting.
So, please stay tuned for next chapter.

Do vote and comment.
Is there any suggestion you want to give? If not here, you can DM me.

💛❤