Strike Back

"Common Dr.Chandra, you don't want this video to go viral on our College and Hospital's website. Do you?" Said the person on the other line.

"Dr.Rawat, how can you cheat this Hospital. Did you forget, you are one among the alumni of this college. How can you do this?" Said Dr.Sumedh, trying his best to convince him.

"Listen, Dr.Chandra, nothing matters to me against my goals. I too want to become the HoD of my department. I too want weekly hike in my salary, ugh, which I hardly get here." He said.

"Dr.Rawat, this is not right on your part." Sumedh yelled.

"Oh! Dr.Chandra, you forgot, I'm the one who has that authority to yell, did you forget the video?" Said Dr.Rawat.

"Be clear, what do you want in return?" Asked Sumedh

"Transfer 25% shares of this Hospital and the director's authority to me. That's it. Nothing more."

"I'm not doing it. This Hospital was my father's dream. I can't do this. Go to hell."

"Oh really! So you are ready to face the consequences of the contents in this video? I know you do care about your so called assistant, don't you?" He said and Sumedh clutched his phone in anger.

"Fine. I'll discuss this with my Dad and let you know. Until then you shouldn't upload that video anywhere." Said Sumedh and ended the call and turned towards Mallika, who was still in shock after all that happened. She was just staring him blindly, understanding her situation and also to calm his nerves, he hugged her tight. She gasped at the sudden action but managed to hug him back.

"Mallika, give your phone" he asked separating from her. She questioned through her eyes.

"I need to discuss with my brother about this case. I guess my phone is on track, Dr.Rawat might do that.
I don't know whether you remember him or not? Saurabh? My Brother?" He said.

She nodded and gave his phone but only after directly switching to dial pad.
(A/N: Remember, her wallpaper has a text 'Khadoos' with black background)

He dialed his brother, Saurabh, who was the assistant secretary of Union Home Affairs Department.

"Bhai." Was all he could say.

"My dear brother, how are you? Isn't this Mallika's number? I can sense some trouble in your voice. What happened?" He asked and Sumedh informed everything from the beginning.

"Sumedh, how can you be so careless? You kissed her in that store room. Your first kiss! Couldn't you control your hormones? God knows how come you became my brother." He smirked and laughed.

"Bhai, this is no time to crack jokes. Help me." Sumedh yelled.

"Okay. So, that Doctor stays in your Hospital, right? I'll inform an ethical hacker, he's good at these things, since Dr.Rawat's phone is connected with the Hospital WiFi we can easily get his phone under control. Anyway, we can delete it from the server but it's quite difficult to remove it from his phone. Once, Neeraj, that hacker, will be there, you'll get a clear picture. Do one thing, both of you go and meet Neeraj in his home. I'll text Mallika his address. You guys can do it. All the best. Until we solve this, don't use your phone for any other business." Said his brother and ended the call.

"Mallika, my brother will send an address to your number. We need to visit an ethical hacker, to clear all this." said Sumedh, opening the messages. She snatched her phone from his hand and opened the messages and gave it back to him. He sighed and looked at the address.

He slowly went near the main door, with one pull,the door opened. So, Dr.Rawat's men have unlocked it. They sneaked out of the Hospital building to his car. He took the driver seat and she sat on the passenger's seat.

"Mallika, drink some water." He said after he drank a bit.

Within few minutes they were infront of a small isolated house. They directly went in as the was door open.

"Hello, Dr.Sumedh. Mr.Saurabh has  informed me about your issue." came a distant voice from the kitchen.

"Neeraj. Please help us out." Said Sumedh. Neeraj came out of the kitchen with three coffee mugs. He handed them coffee and asked Sumedh for his phone.

"Dr.Sumedh, I'll use the wifi hotspot of the hospital and get into his phone. I have removed that video from the server the next second your brother informed me." He said sipping coffee. "One of you call him and try to engage him so that I can try deleting the video. I'll even delete it from others' mobile phones, in case if he has sent them to others." He added.

"Mallika you do it." Sumedh said.

Mallika took her phone and called Dr.Rawat.

"Hello Dr.Rawat. This is Mallika" she started to talk.

"Oh! Hello Ms.Mallika. Your favorite allowed you to call me?" He taunted.

"Doctor, I have called you for my sake. You want the shares of this Hospital, it is in the hands of Mr.Sharat Chandra, why are you dragging my name amidst? I don't owe you anything, do I?" She said in one go both in fear and anger.

"Cool down, Ms.Mallika, you don't owe me anything. It's your bad luck that you got identified in this. You should have maintained distance with your so called senior, Dr.Sumedh" said him. At this point she controlled her anger.

"Ms.Mallika continue, few more minutes, don't allow him to end the call. We'll delete it soon" whispered Neeraj trying to decode the messaging app.

"Doctor, why the hell are you doing this to me. This one video can end my career, I might not even get graduated." She said trying to with hold her tears. 

"Oops! Tough luck" he smirked.

"Doctor, don't you remember, how much you have suffered and worked hard to reach this place you are in, how much you have gone through to complete your studies? Then how can you do this to me. Even I have been working so hard since three years." She said and choked her breath, at this point Sumedh grabbed her hand and give a light squeeze.

"If you think you can emotionally tie me up, you are wrong sweetheart. Look for some other ways." He smirk-smiled.

"Doctor, I gave up. What do you want in barter?" She asked.

"Better." He laughed, "As I have told earlier, 25% of the shares of the Hospital along with it the authority of Director, and one more addition to it, 5% shares to you. Let me atleast do this favor to you." He said.

"Plan successfully executed." Whispered Neeraj.

"Okay Doctor, I'll inform this to Dr.Sumedh" she said and hung up the call.

"Neeraj, Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I owe so much to you." Sumedh thanked and gave him a brief hug.

"It's okay. Don't you worry. I have infact removed the bug fixed in your phone by him, through wifi. I have also mailed you the CCTV clippings, it will help you. Next time make sure to keep things in private." He said and giggled.

Sumedh looked the other side in embarrassment, for no reason Mallika's pinnae heated up.

"One last job to do", said Sumedh and took his phone out and called his Dad.
"Pa, I want you to imprint your digital signatures on the papers I'm sending within minutes." He said.

"Mr.Rao, are the papers ready?" Sumedh called one more person, "mail them to both mine and Mr.Sharat Chandra's ID." He said and a devellish smile appeared on his.

As he ended his call, came to Mallika and smiled. Both of them left to Hospital waving Neeraj.

                             ...........

A/N:

Hello!!

Here's the update!
How was it?

I'm pretty excited for the next chapter.
How will they teach a lesson to Dr.Rawat?

Do vote and comment.

💛❤