You Complete Me

Hey people!!

                        ........................

                            Mallika

What is even happening? I can't even process that he proposed me!! The Sumedh Chandra proposed me!! He had such a harsh past and now he's telling that he loves me.
Why is my cheeks getting wet? Am I crying? Why? He's asking me to accept him in my life!! How would I say no. I know I too have some feelings for him but I don't know whether it is true love or not? At the same moment, my mind took me to the incident happened in my home just before coming with him.

I was bracing myself to go out with him. Just then Mumma entered. She enquired me about the same and I told about the outing. She told that dad and she wanted to talk to me. I went down to the living room.
"Mallika, you look beautiful." complemented my dad.
"Thanks dad. Tell me what you both wanted to speak. I need to hurry up, Sumedh will be here in any moment." I said looking into my phone.
"Listen, Mallika, you know that we both don't like to beat around the bush, we would like to convey whatever we want straight forwardly." said Ma, in a serious tone.
"Yeah, tell me Ma."
"Mallika, we, as your parents are very lucky. You never ever have got any bad impression on us. You have always made us proud. You are best daughter any parents would get. We love you the most."
"Is that what you wanted to say Pa?"
"No, Mallika, I wanted to say that.....that....these days you aren't concentrating on your studies, instead wasting so much of time in unwanted things. You are getting indulged in many undesirable things. I agree that you have a very good group of friends, I even too agree that all of them are very hardworking and knowledgeable. But, you aren't giving the required time to studies. Mallika, don't feel offended but, I feel, you have changed a bit. The way you get indulged in phone calls these days is too much. I have even noticed you talking till late nights with your friends. Importantly, that guy, your senior. What is his name? Suved? No, Sumedh. Right? Why do I feel that you are in love? Are you in love?" asked Mom making me widen my eyes.

"No Mom, not at all." I retorted even though I had a tinge of guilt in me. But why am I feeling guilty?  I am not in love right? No. But I have a soft corner for Sumedh. But he's my Best friend right?! But somewhere at some corner of my heart I feel we have become more than best friends. Oh, shit. I shouldn't think about all those. He is not interested in love. He had already gone through so much. Will he accept this? No way.
Just then my mom snapped her fingers infront me.
"Yes, Ma."
"Tell me, aren't you in love with anyone?"
"No."
"Mallika, can you promise your dad something?"
"Sure Pa, tell me."
"Can you promise me that you'll not make yourself occupied with other unwanted things? Can you promise me that you'll not love anyone until you complete your studies and become a medical practitioner?"
What did he even ask? How shall I say him that love isn't choice. It happens without our own knowledge. I don't know what to do now? Shall I promise him? What if I don't? No, Pa will feel bad. Okay I'll promise him. I promised him.
"Thank you my baby. We both love you." Ma told and we three had a family hug.
I went back to my room. Unknowingly, tears started to flow down my eyes. My mind is constantly thinking about Sumedh. But why? Am I falling for him?
Think Mallika, think. Suddenly my mind flashed what all happened until today between us. How we became so close to each other with a very short span of time. How we both understand each other's feelings and moods without even speaking.
Oh!! Shit! Shit!

Oh!! Krishna! Oh!! Radhe!

I fell for him. I face palmed myself. I just peeped into the mirror. I could remember his smiling face and unknowingly my cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Oh gosh!! I'm blushing!!!
Just then Suemdh arrived to pick me up.

I came back from my flashback. Tears continuously falling and I'm still holding his hand, which is on my cheek. I couldn't open my eyes and face him. I know, I can't afford to look into his eyes, I would end up uttering everything. That would surely feel him sad. I don't even know what to answer to his beautiful proposal. I gathered up all the courage in me and opened my eyes only to meet his gaze, filled with love, care, anxiety and astonishment.
"Su...Sumedh...I don't know what to react to this. I'm very surprised and shocked. I don't know whether I have feelings for you or not." I said and his face fell. He slowly took off his hand from my cheek.
"Mallika, I don't mind. If you don't want to...then I have no problem. I conveyed what I feel towards you that's it. But I request you ...No, I beg you, please don't end this friendship of ours. This is very special to me. Please." he said and tears threatening to fall from him eyes.
I cannot look at him begging for this friendship. I want to just hug him tight, very tight and say I too love him. How special he is to me.
"Can I ask you something Mallika?"
"Hm"
"Didn't you have even a slight of feelings towards me?"
Oh! Krishna! How shall I say him that I have so much of feelings for him. He has become a very important part of my life.
"Sumedh, I don't know."
"Mallika, that's okay but one last wish, can I hug you one last time very tightly, the way you hugged me few days back?"
I can't control myself now...I too need his armour. I need his warmth.
He opened his arms. I took a few steps back. Walked swiftly a bit and jumped into his arms. His hands encircling my waist and my hands around his torso. This time we both could feel each other's tears on each other's shoulders. Both our hold tightened and I snuggled into him more feeling his warmth and hot breaths on my nape. We both could hear each other's heart, beating superfast.
"Mallika, I love you." he said while resting his chin on my shoulders and pecking there.
"Sumedh, I.." I couldn't say further.
He brought me down, making me stand on his feet. His eyes magnetic, teary, making me loose my senses. In that trance, I spoke up.
"Sumedh, can you wait for 7 more years for me? Can you wait for me to complete my studies?"
His eyes lit up. His face brightened as a star in a clear sky.
"I can wait for n number of years. I can wait for my whole life for you. This means that you do have feelings for me?" He said rising his one eyebrow.
I couldn't answer anything. My cheeks turned into a shade of pink. I let my eyes speak which my mouth cannot. I let my eyes scream out what my mouth cannot. His eyes tried to decode what mine spoke. His hot breaths falling on my face making me go mad. It was an eyelock. I wanted, for the first time, lose myself for someone.
I told him whatever happened in my house in the trance and he looked deeply into my eyes.
"Mallika, if this is your parents' wish then I'm with you. I don't want you to lose your parents' trust. No matter what I'm there for you. I can wait for you. I will wait. I'm telling you again, I love you and I mean it very seriously. "
"Do you want me to cry again or what? Idiot. Stupid. Damn it. I hate you."
"I love you too. Thank you Mallika for completing me."
I slapped his shoulders. He chuckled and that was the best sound I have heard. I slowly held his collars and made him bend to my height, softly pecked his forehead. He was astonished by this and blushed at my antics.

I don't know whether I have broken my parents' trust or not. I don't know. Until I have Sumedh by my side, I know I'll face anything and everything.

                          .................

How was the chapter?
Which was your favorite part?
Please don't kill this author for the twist.

Do vote and comment your reviews.

💛❤