Chapter Twenty Nine: D3: Chapter Nine

Reese's P.O.V

          "REESE!" I gladly hug Maddy tightly. "I was worried about you."

          "I was worried about you too Mads. But, right, I need to try something."

          "Can't you do anything?" Leah snarls at me.

          "Mother!" Aurora shouts. "I'm sorry for my my mother's behavior."

          "I can try something. Mally, we need to try doing it together." She nods grabbing my hand. After a minute we let go and back up.

          "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do." Tears sting my eyes. "We can't. It's the Isle all over again." 

         "Hey, hey, hey. It's gonna be okay!" Uma says sitting me down on the bay window. "Breathe." I nod.

          "There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades."

          "Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it."

          "Actually, he'll do it for us. He's my father and Reese's."

          "Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him."

          "Maybe I can hitch a ride. The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

          "Well, then, you will need your first mate.

          "The Isle will be in very good hands."

          "Can I go, too? I wish I could be in both places." 

          "I really think that Evie was right. And... I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry That I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that."

          "You were just trying to do the right thing. Yeah. I get it." A little bit later, the guards escort Dad in.

          "Thank you for coming."

          "Didn't have much choice."

          "Can you wake her?"

          "Since when do heroes care about villains?

          "She's..."

          "One of your own." He chuckles bitterly. "Right. When you guys try to destroy the world... it's an error in judgment. But when it's one of us... lock them up and throw away the key. Right, Beast?" 

          "Yeah, I'm gonna need to use my hands." As soon as he gets ahold of the ember his hair flames up. "Haven't lost my touch." Dad and beast start growling at each other.

          "Dad." He stops, and puts out his hands. I look around as the room turns blue. 

          "Audrey. You're okay." 

          "Tell me it was all a bad dream."

          "I wish I could. But, it's over now."

          "I wanted to hurt you both. I wanted to hurt all of you." Mal sits next to Audrey.

          "I have owed you an apology for... a very long time now."

          "And so have I. And perhaps, I have owed you one, too." Beast motions for the guards to take him away.

          "Oh, yeah."

          "I want you two to know I love you both so much. Mally I love you but the Isle's my home. I'm going back." Once we get back to the Isle I go straight to Ursla's fish and hip shop.

          "I'm back." I say mocking Mlefacent. "Miss me?"