Kabanata 42

Kabanata 42

Alalay

That day was indeed one of the most memorable days for me. I had so much fun with him kahit na mas madami ang tulog ko kesa sa paglabas namin. Anyways, diretso tulog din ako pagkahatid niya sa akin sa bahay. Around 12 o'clock. Dahil din sa pagod sa kakagala at pati na din sa byahe.

The next day we didn't meet because one of the unexpected things happened. Just after our date, someone texted him saying that his grandmother Donya Isabela just come back to town. To Sta. Valeria.

I know.

That thing is really unexpected and shocking news for me, especially for Gen.

"Who's calling," I asked him. We're on our way home and since I slept earlier, I'm still feeling cheerful and alive.

"My secretary." He uttered as he accepted the call. His muscle flexed while he does it.

His phone is connected to the speaker of his car the reason I can hear them talking.

I didn't make any noises while listening. I don't really want to listen to them but I just can't help it.

"Boss." His secretary sounded so problematic. Nagbuntong hininga pa sa huli.

"What is it? May problema ba d'yan?" Gen asked, scowling at the road.

"The problem is not here, boss, it's there."

"Can you please just spill it directly? I have no time for guessing and mind reading. Diretsuhin mo na ako." Suplado niyang sagot.

I turned to him

I can say that Gen is in his business mode. Where he is very serious and very masungit at the same time. I wonder what kind of boss he is to me?

His secretary cleared his throat.

"Okay, boss." natakot ata. "So the problem that I'm talking about is your grandmother. Si Donya Isabela."

Huh?

I was so stunned for a minute until it sinks into my mind. Napaayos ako ng upo.

"What about her?" Nawawalan ng pasensyang tanong ni Gen.

"Your grandma is there, boss."

Nanlaki ang mata ko dahil sa hindi inaasahang narinig. Kasabay ng biglaang pagpreno ni Gen sa sasakyan.

"Ano?" Gen exclaimed.

"I got a report earlier that she took a flight here in the Philippines last day. I've checked all of her property and houses just to find her but then she's nowhere to find so I then guess that she's probably going to her hometown"

Kita ko ang pag-igting ng kamay niyang todo ang kapit sa steering wheel.

"And I confirmed it just now when I received an update that she had a flight earlier from Manila to Kalibo Aklan. So basically, she's on her way to Panay."

For some reason, I forgot to breathe for a second. Bigla din akong kinabahan sa hindi ko malamang rason.

That thing hunts me for the next day. Honestly, I'm really bothered by all the thing that is happening. First, the unexpected call coming from my mother, and next is the sudden arrival of Gen's grandmother here.