Kabanata 49

Kabanata 49

Genesis

The door of my mother's room suddenly opened in an aggressive way. I tilted my head at it and found Kale who looked tensed and nervous.

"What happened?" He said, looking at my mom. He swallowed hard. "I'm gonna go call the doctor." Aalis na sana siya nang magsalita ako.

"No. She's okay. Nothing happened." I said while wiping my tears. But it's useless since my tears keep pouring down my face.

He paused and looked at me.

"Something happened." He said. He went inside and closed the door behind him. "I'm not your friend, but you can tell me what is it."

I looked at him. He crossed his arms.

"C'mon. You can tell me anything..." He shrugged.

This is so hard. But I'm so grateful I have someone like him to tell my problems with. Especially in this situation.

"S-something bad happened to my..." I don't even know what's our status right now. Lumunok ako. "Someone who's very special to me."

"Your grandma?"

I shooked my head and wiped my tears. God, I can't count anymore how many times I did that.

He stood up straight. "It's either one of your friends or your aunt."

I didn't speak and bow down my head.

It's not either one of them.

"Oh." He nodded. "Is it Genesis?"

Napatingin ako sa kanya.

"It's Genesis." He confirmed.

"Y-you know him?"

"I heard your friend mentioned that name. Who is he, anyway?" I didn't speak. "Well, I think I already know the answer. So my only question is... what happens to him? You said something bad happens so what is it? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions but... maybe I can help, right?"

"He got into an accident." My stomach turned the moment I said that.

I hate him. But I don't actually want what is happening to him right now.

He whistled. "That sounds really bad." He went silent for a couple of seconds. "Aren't you gonna go and check him if he's alright?"

I looked at my mother. "N-no. Someone needs me more than h-he is." I stammered. I know I sounded bad and a terrible person but I just can't leave her like this. No one knows when she'd wake up and I wanted to be there the moment she did.

Kale's phone rang. He didn't hesitate to accept the call.

"Everything is ready now?" There's a pause for a couple of seconds "Alright, make sure to gather everything and everyone we would need. I don't want this to be fucked up... Ok, good. Back to work now." He said and hung up the phone.

"What is that?" I asked.

He stared at me long. That eyes again. His eyes are very strange cuz I think I'm just looking at mine.

"We're going to transfer her at Batangas."

He meant her. My mother.

I couldn't speak. I just let him talk and explain to me everything as I'm trying my best to listen and understand every detail he said.

"Everything that she needs that this city doesn't have is on Batangas. Her place is full of everything that can help her. Trust me, this place can't provide her those that's why her-" He cleared his throat. "That's why I decided to transfer her back to her place."