Indulged In Your Light

Alternative title: Shining StarAuthor/creator: Yu Chi Jin ZeGenre: Shounen ai, Romance

Author/creator: Yu Chi Jin Ze
Genre: Shounen ai, Romance

Summary:

Shu Yun, shining star that was born in the ballet world and gifted opera Huadan Tong Yang are connected by a twist of fate. "I'm certain you're the light I want to pursue." One is the family's pride, the other a muddy white jade; looked down upon because of his low social standing when he's actually a hidden gem. Completely different paths but when the East and the West meet...when Beijing opera and ballet meet; two lives will be changed forever.

Read:
Mangago (Ongoing)

***

I'm feeling sad...

This is a story of a traditional opera student and ballet student. Interesting story of how the two gradually became closer and to what they are striving for.
Is there a competition between the two? How will they continue to reach their dream? This kind of give me a vibe of Salad Days, only because Little swan is a ballet student too, and both characters aspire to be what they want. They work hard to reach their goal, although Shu yun is losing his aspiration to continue at the beginning of the story. One reason I love this manhua is because there are performances to offer!

If you are in the mood when you want to cry and read emotional stories, this will irk you to get on the mood.

I'll give you a little spoiler. Shu yun is trapped like a bird. Since young, he was set to be the best. All the time his father would tell him to be more outstanding and that made him loose his passion of what he is doing.

Imagine how sad it was. We often lose our drive to do things when we are tired of doing it over and over. What more if you are like Shu Yun who has been doing the same thing since he was a kid?

Btw I checked out the Chinese opera that the author put as reference to their performance. I'm speechless because it's my first time watching it. I can't say I like it but it's not really that bad. I just kind of feel weird at the sound but I get that it's new to my ear. The way it's portrayed is really something. I'm seriously curious and the sword dance is really cool.

Though I can't really imagine Tong Yang singing because in the video it's a woman with a high pitched voice. I'll just let myself put an imaginary deep and fascinating voice to fill out my imagination. You can check it out if you are curious too. It makes me get deeper on the story now that I see it in my eyes.

The two of them is just so cute. I'll be mad if they ever break up 😡

Let's appreciate the two main character. My goodness they are so handsome. The two of them is included in my crush list 😂

I really feel like I'm reading Mystical because of how good the art is. There was a time I just stop reading just to stare at the art. Really, I am envious I want to be able to draw something amazing and create a character of my own.